Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
Can someone enlighten me on what the diameter is of the frame tube on the Phantom that the red arrow is pointing to below?

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
If all else fails take a piece of string, wrap it around and mark it then put it up against a tape measure, works great!

·
Premium Member
7,678 Posts
I think he's looking for diameter, guys. Not the circumference. Dial caliper will do the trick or if you don't need the exact measurement, just hold a stick rule up to it and eyeball it.

·
Registered
354 Posts
The wife's 07 Shadow Spirit measures 1.250". Don't know if that's the same, but it's the best I can do.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
I think he's looking for diameter, guys. Not the circumference. Dial caliper will do the trick or if you don't need the exact measurement, just hold a stick rule up to it and eyeball it.
I guess I should have been more clear, if you know the circumference there is a formula to figure the diameter which you can find online, I don't have it with me right now. That is if you want to do math.
But 1.25 does sound about right.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
I guess I should have been more clear, if you know the circumference there is a formula to figure the diameter which you can find online, I don't have it with me right now. That is if you want to do math.
But 1.25 does sound about right.
MeasUre the circumference and divide it by 3.14. ( pi )

·
Registered
99' Valkyrie/North Central Indiana
9,459 Posts
Readily available @ HBF for $20. Very useful tool to have around though in the trade they are called "close enoughs". :D

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
btw. i dont have a caliper, but i have looked at them..:cool:
I used to have a real nice digital one and a lot of other good tools that I sold before we moved out here not thinking I'd ever need any of it any more now that I'm full time ministry, should have kept a bunch of tools. At least I did keep a set of each of the major tools that anyone should have that knows how to use them!

·
Registered
99' Valkyrie/North Central Indiana
9,459 Posts
I use the the cheap HF calipers at work and keep my 30 yr. old B&S dial with T bar attachment at home. Very fine set of calipers.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Yea, the digital calipers from HF are pretty nice for the price.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts