Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read quite a few posts on here, and learned more about saddlebags than I probably need to know. One important nugget I picked up - that I'll repeat for anyone else doing similar research - is that (evidently) bags designed for a 08 - 09 Spirit will fit the Phantom. And that makes sense.

With that said, I looked at the Hondaline 18L bags that were installed on a Spirit at the dealer. Very nice bags - leather, but with a rigid internal structure to keep the shape, and side-mounted, not throwovers. So, this is basically what I want - but ouch! 500 bucks, which seems a little pricey to me (of course, the backrest supports I just bought were $150, and that's just two pieces of metal). So, I'm looking for something comparable, but not quite so pricey. The Saddlemen Express Crus'n bags ( Express Cruis'n Pouch Saddlebags Large [3501-0384] - $169.95 : Saddlemen Motorcycle Seats, Luggage and Accessories, Saddlemen motorcycle seats, luggage and accessories. ) look pretty good, but I wish I could see them with my hands before ordering. Anyone have any experience with these bags, or can you recommend something comparable (that is, rigid structure, but not a hard bag, side mounted, not super-expensive). Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts