Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so military is shipping my stuff out in like 4 days (to go to UK)

And I decided to pull the tripper on getting what i wanted done.

When I bought the 2010 phantom, the shop I got it at had put the slash down blacked out cobra pipes on her (yes i refer to my bike as a female).

Well knowing a little about compression and fue/air mixture I asked the guy if it was running too lean or rich. They said it was within an acceptable range... Anyways It got me thinking, I don't have a "sniffer" and couldn't verify... but a sure fire way to make sure it wasn't causing problems would be to get a DFO (digital fuel optimizer) most know these devices as power commanders... but since i love the look of my Black Cobra intake...

CobraUSA | Performance Motorcycle Exhausts | Fuel Management Systems | Made in America

And the pipes were already cobra.... I went with their FI2000-R. Pressed for Time I decided to let some pros do the work. I took it into Big Sky Motorcycles at the north end of Tucson... couldn't have been more pleased with the fact that the parts came in within 24hours, and that it only took about 6 hours for them to do the work... (got two visible nics in the paint..... hardy noticeable).

Had them install the parts and run it on the Dyno. Stock the bike is suppose to be 35.6 HP/39.8lb-ft.... when I got it back it was at 41.4HP / 43.8lb-ft...
So only a minor increase in torque... but i got to say i couldn't be more pleased with the HP increase and the fuel management systems balancing of the mixture ratio.

Sounds a noticeably louder and seems to get up and go allot quicker. Anyways now i'm just rambling but I have an ear to ear grin right now.:mrgreen:

If anyone wants proof I can post the Dyno results.

I'm going to be suffering withdrawals once they crate it up and i have to say good bye for 2 months.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thats really impressive for these bikes. To some that may not seem to be a big difference but for a bike of this caliber and being that the Phantom is the first and only fuel injected honda cruiser, its a huge deal with response. I have Roadburner pipes and a k&n air filter in my phantom. Im going with the newest power commander and having a reputable shop install it. I will have to post up my results and get you guys feedback. Here in Maryland its been snowing every other week so it won't be till late March into April before I can ride it to the shop for the work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts