Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone with the Phantom got the windshield, boulevard i think its called, put on the bike and if so do you like it?

Took the bike on the highway for the first time today and couldn't believe how hard the wind was on me at just 50-55 and doing that in a 65 zone didnt make the cars behind me too happy :).

Also are there any other alternatives to the "official" windshield in the black color?

I am about 5'7 200 pounds, so not sure if the size of the official one works or not as I seen a post advising that it hits the helmet and almost makes it worse.

Just throwing this out there for ideas, and appreciate any help!

Oh also, if you did get the shield and recommend it, where did you get it from and how much?

James

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have the boulevard windscreen and also a national cycle deflector screen. The boulevard screen keeps the wind off of your torso so it does help at higher speeds and long rides. You are not protected from the wind or bugs at the helmet level. The national cycle screen is taller but narrower at the top so you do get some buffeting. It directs the wind (I'm 5'8") to my forehead. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice, thanks for the reply. Do you got a link to the national cycle one by chance?

thanks again!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Must have just been the wind was horrible yesterday, took the bike from shop to shop today and hit about 60-65 with no problems at all today. May hold off on getting the shield for now. Seriously thinking about those crash bars now... :) and maybe a gear indicator.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the boulevard windscreen and also a national cycle deflector screen. The boulevard screen keeps the wind off of your torso so it does help at higher speeds and long rides. You are not protected from the wind or bugs at the helmet level. The national cycle screen is taller but narrower at the top so you do get some buffeting. It directs the wind (I'm 5'8") to my forehead. Hope this helps!

i think I found it, is this the one you have?

National Cycle Switchblade Deflector Windshield - Cruiser Motorcycle 2010 Honda Shadow Phantom - Motorcycle Superstore

They are out of stock on this one at the moment, plus you need the mount kit as well.

If you get the boulevard windscreen can you use the same mount kit with this deflector shield?

Do you have any pics of the bike with either or both screens on?

Thanks much!

·
Registered
60 Posts
My wife's Phantom is in need of a windshield other than one offered by Honda...would like to see some aftermarket installations as well...

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah seems that a lot of people are wanting these, just no pics available to show what they actually look like.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts