Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have the phatrisers III on their SS750? I've been thinking about them for a while, being that I am a bit vertically challanged, and I think the more relaxed arm position will help with fatigue. How much of a pain in the ass is it to reroute the cables and hoses behind the triple tree. Thanx in advance.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have a similar post on the technical side. Got zero replys.
I contacted Scootworks for instructions before ordering, and only got very general info on generic Shadows.
Good luck.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I can't give you experience specific to the Phatrisers III as they were not around when I gave up and changed my bars. However, I can tell you about the cables and such. I had to change cables entirely - you should only have to disconnect them at the handlebar housings to reroute them. Changing the cables was not complicated and I am NOT a mechanic - the only work I had done on any vehicle before changing bars was checking fluid levels and adjusting the chain. The "hardest" part was bleeding the brakeline, which just took some time.

I am much more comfortable on my bike now with the extra pullback and rise. No more aching in my shoulders.

One piece of advice - put a big thick blanket or towel over your tank before you loosen any bolts and don't removed it until you are 100% complete. I have a small ding in my paint because I failed to do this.

If the Phatrisers III had been around when I changed my bars I would have tried them first. They would have been cheaper and a probably a bit faster.

Good luck.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks hotchick,

Did you have to reroute your cables, or change them out completely. I know what you did is a bit different than what I have to do. Just curious.

P.S. I added a kuryakyn tombstone bag that doubles as a backrest. helps a lot with the back getting stiff.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have Phat riser II on my 01 750 ace and love them! I put them on myself(easy). Rerouted my cables behind the triple tree. My throttle cable was tight and would stick, not long enough. Clutch cable had a tight bend in it. I just went ahead and bit the bullet and put braided stainless cables on including brake. So I would imagine with Phat riser III better plan on replacing all your cables. Good luck!

·
Registered
109 Posts
SPIRIT05 said:
Thanks hotchick,

Did you have to reroute your cables, or change them out completely. I know what you did is a bit different than what I have to do. Just curious.
I had to order custom length cables and brakeline because I was adding too much pullback and rise to simply reroute the stock cables. But even for a non-mechanic like myself, it was not a hard project.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts