Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
4,110 Posts
I know those people pretty well. I bought my two recent bikes (the wife's Burgman and the FJR) from Sam. Good people.

·
Registered
512 Posts
chornbe said:
I know those people pretty well. I bought my two recent bikes (the wife's Burgman and the FJR) from Sam. Good people.
Yup, decent place and good people... I'm in there once or twice a week. They do seem big into the women riding (I guess I know why now)... Huge womens gear section...

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Like the CB400...cool bike. Thik she's sell it?

I thought the comment about sales people and women buyers was particularly on point. I've seen several salesmen blow it with my wife but my sister in law was the best example. A few years back she decided to buy a top end Bimmer and the salesman made the mistake at some point of telling her to bring her husband in. So she told the salesman she had a better idea, why didn't he run off and bring back the sales manager.

When the sales manager arrived she said she wanted to tell him why his salesperson just blew a $70k sale and handed him her business card. She at the time was a VP & chief financial officer (CFO) for one of the largest hotel chains in the world and didn't need her husbands permission to buy a car.

You pre-judge or underestimate women at your own expense.... :)

·
Registered
949 Posts
These ladies put it just about perfect IMHO

"Motorcycling is a lot like flying," Geist says. "Both require full concentration. You have to think about what you're doing, not what's going on at work or something you're upset about."

Lynn Nathan agrees.

"Riding well at your level of skill and the performance of the bike requires Zen-like concentration," she says. "It's therapy, it's freeing, not just because of the wind in your face and all that stuff, but because your mind is in another place. Motorcycling is... 90 percent mental. That's why I love it."

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Xodus said:
chornbe said:
Yup, decent place and good people... I'm in there once or twice a week. They do seem big into the women riding (I guess I know why now)... Huge womens gear section...
They mentioned Hannam's too which is also a first class dealership. I'm suprised they didn't mention Hank's. :lol:

·
Registered
512 Posts
Paulie said:
They mentioned Hannam's too which is also a first class dealership. I'm suprised they didn't mention Hank's. :lol:
I missed that part, didn't get a chance to read the whole article... but yes, I've never had a problems with Hanums either... except they tried to get me to pay $280 a month for 5 years on a new softtail... oh yeah, I really didn't appreciate the sales girl introducing me to the parts department and saying "This is Tony and he has decided he wants to become a biker" :roll:

LOL... but I've always liked Hannums...

·
Banned
4,110 Posts
Hannum's really made me feel welcome taking my japanese bikes in for inspection. I've bought several things there for some custom projects, too. Yeah, good folks.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Xodus said:
Paulie said:
I missed that part, didn't get a chance to read the whole article... but yes, I've never had a problems with Hanums either... except they tried to get me to pay $280 a month for 5 years on a new softtail... oh yeah, I really didn't appreciate the sales girl introducing me to the parts department and saying "This is Tony and he has decided he wants to become a biker" :roll:

LOL... but I've always liked Hannums...
I remember that sales girl. She could call me a girly man as long as I could look at her while she was talking. :lol:

·
Banned
4,110 Posts
Paulie please don't disrespect women by being overtly appreciative of their good looks. That crass and tacky and classless.

Thank you.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
People like me, I can say what I want. :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts