Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I blew off going to the gym this AM so I could take a little longer ride to work with the bike. Is this bad?
Also it is the first time I have put some miles on the new Corbin saddle. That thing is great. I know already it is head and shoulders above the stock torture device called a seat! I think it makes the bike go faster. It makes my right wrist turn the throttle open more. Is this true?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Leveredge said:
I blew off going to the gym this AM so I could take a little longer ride to work with the bike. Is this bad?
This isn't bad but it could be just the beginning. All the sudden you'll be making excuses to do this or that on the bike only hours later the only thing you have accomplished is racking up the odometer and now you have to figure out how to get home.

Also it is the first time I have put some miles on the new Corbin saddle. That thing is great. I know already it is head and shoulders above the stock torture device called a seat! I think it makes the bike go faster
This is true. Everything you do makes it that much faster. Try a coat of Liquid Glass. It will cut down on the aero drag and your sure to be quicker off the line at the local burger king.

Glad your having fun. A nice saddle makes all the difference in the world.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Leveredge said:
I hear ya. This weekend looks like it's gonna be awesome for riding. I've already started to try to get out of my previous obligations.... I'm not so sure the Mrs is completely happy 'bout it though, so it looks like my Saturday will still be tied up :cry:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Leveredge said:
Now that you have the new saddle, you don't have to go to the gym, the seat makes the bike go faster, makes you look better, and keeps you in shape.

Best money you can spend. :wink:

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I've been guilty as well. Got on the bike with my gym bag attached with all intentions of going to the gym for a workout, and ended up going right past the gym!

Never looked back, either!

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
I think cardio exercise is defined as maintaining your heart rate above either 120 or 130 for 20-30 minutes. A long twisty road can do that... :D

Also, remember that it is mind, body and spirit...the gym takes care of one, the bike the other two!

·
Registered
141 Posts
rmw said:
I think cardio exercise is defined as maintaining your heart rate above either 120 or 130 for 20-30 minutes. A long twisty road can do that... :D

Also, remember that it is mind, body and spirit...the gym takes care of one, the bike the other two!
But what if he has a Sabre :?: :?: :shock:

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
I have the same problem. Every morning I swear I'm going to ride my bicycle (not bike - bicycle) to work so I can get back in shape. Problem is that everytime I go in the garage to get my bicycle, the nice black Shadow is sitting next to it.

Guess which one wins every time?

·
Registered
526 Posts
CycleMichael said:
rmw said:

But what if he has a Sabre :?: :?: :shock:
Fencing is good for cardio to. :lol:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Leveredge said:
Talk about timing. I'm surfing this thread just about ready to leave work. Got my gym bag in the car, but with finally a break in the weather, I'm thinking about going home instead and getting the bike out. Can go to the gym tomorrow..........of course tomorrow is supposed to be warmer and more sun so....................maybe Saturday for the gym :wink:

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Leveredge said:
Also it is the first time I have put some miles on the new Corbin saddle. That thing is great. I know already it is head and shoulders above the stock torture device called a seat! I think it makes the bike go faster. It makes my right wrist turn the throttle open more. Is this true?

Hahaha...just wait til you figure out where all the diners are on the road!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.