Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know this isn't the right section, Havent hit my 3 threads yet. Anyways, my bike came missing the center stand, and the bit to put the kick stand back down was cut off, presumably to clear the Harley pipes they installed. Problem is once running, it'll be too hot to reach down for the kick stand... My request is for pics of a early shadow with exhaust on both sides, of the kick stand up. I can see plenty of parts pics, or down pics, but nothing up. Same with the center stand. I wanna make sure they didn't remove for a clearance issue before I order replacements. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2001 Valkyrie I/S
5,843 Posts
It would help if you posted the year and model of your bike.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry thought I put that. Bike is a 83 vt750c. That extension may be just what I need, thanks for the input. I know the early models came with the center stand, and used they are only 20-30, so I may just grab one and see if it clears everything.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Sorry thought I put that. Bike is a 83 vt750c. That extension may be just what I need, thanks for the input. I know the early models came with the center stand, and used they are only 20-30, so I may just grab one and see if it clears everything.
Thanks for the info. I didn't know the early ones had a centerstand. I sure wish I had one on my 02 shadow and my VTX 1300, makes a lot easier to work on.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I had an old '83 cb650 with the issue of the pipes getting in the way between the kickstand and my boot. I had not much knowhow back then, so I paid a guy a couple bucks to weld a piece of rod stock to the end of the kickstand. Not real pretty, but worked great!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
82 Posts
hey bro, on the center stand, my 85 shadow vt700c have an center stand.
I think the 83's thur 85's have them.

·
Premium Member
4,575 Posts
I bought a New 1983 Shadow in 83 and I believe that had a center stand.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Do you still want pics of the bike on the centerstand?
Got a vt 700 1984 and a vt750 1983 both with centerstands.
So if you still want pics, I am willing to take them both out of the wintterrest and make the pics for you.
As far as I know all the 700 and 750 built to 1986 have the centerstands.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea sorry didnt get back on here for a bit. I would still like a picture if you can, have a kick and center stand on the way, be nice to see what imma deal with haha.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts