Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back into biking this year, rode motocross bikes as a kid and recently restored a 79 Suzuki GS to fart around on. Enjoyed it so much, sold it and got my low mileage Purple/Flamed Honda Shadow!

I cant wait to get some more miles on it! It has abou 2,200 now. Felt really comfortable on my hour commute home from where I purchased it.

If there are any recommended updates please let me know!
:mrgreen:

I want to get rid of the big honkin' tail light, and possibly do some smaller turn signals on the rear.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
congrats! glad your diggin' your new ride! :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
750 Shadows

I was looking to upgrade next year to one of the 750 Shadows (Aero, Spirit, or ACE) and I havent been able to make up my mind. Opinions on this forum seem to run pretty even on evaluation of the 3 models. Maybe someone will sway me one way or the other. Personally I like the retro Aero (I ride a 97 VLX right now).
1997 Honda Shadow VLX

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
I just got back into biking this year, rode motocross bikes as a kid and recently restored a 79 Suzuki GS to fart around on. Enjoyed it so much, sold it and got my low mileage Purple/Flamed Honda Shadow!

I cant wait to get some more miles on it! It has abou 2,200 now. Felt really comfortable on my hour commute home from where I purchased it.

If there are any recommended updates please let me know!
:mrgreen:

I want to get rid of the big honkin' tail light, and possibly do some smaller turn signals on the rear.

http://www.billski182.com/OriginalMod.htm is the Site for the Billski taillight mod that I have on mine with a set of Mini Bullets ft and rear

·
Banned
3,795 Posts
Do people today still know proper hand signals for turning and braking? Hand signals don't work very well at night, IMO.
People? Yeah, of course PEOPLE do.

And if you hold one of these bad boys they see your hand signal for miles.

Honestly, I've been riding without blinkers for 4yrs, across the country and back (7,600miles), at night commuting home from work 60miles for three yrs, etc. No problems concerning this, rearended sitting at a traffic light in broad daylight, now that's a different story.

Or you could try some of these gloves.

Hey linuxrick, here's a bigger pic.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks!!! That is exactly what I am looking for! Is the plate bracket part of the light mount? Would it work without plate mounted there and not look off? Thinking I would like it vertically on chain side instead.:-D

Honda Spirit 750 Tail Light Replacement is the Site for the Billski taillight mod that I have on mine with a set of Mini Bullets ft and rear

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
I was browsing the Forum this morning and saw the thread--turns out this one really works for me, too. Thanks guys.
-john

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.