Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked at various motorcycles this last month and settled on this shadow.I hav'nt done any riding for a little over 15 years (am a 60 year old kid). I used to live on the east coast where I did all my riding.I live in the East bay of San Francisco in Oakland and bought my bike at Berkeley Honda Yamaha. It was $6999 OTD at this dealer and the salesman Scott was a prince of a gentleman. It was a thrill to ride this bike back home and comforting to have some of my previous skills coming back even though I was a little anxious. I also drive for a living which helps in reading traffic situations.Down the road I will take a msf course to get my endorsement.I was tempted to buy a Harley street bob since some of my friends have fatboys and such.You just can't beat this bike for bang of buck and I really like this styling with the shaft drive.
Anyway thanx for reading while I move over to the mods section.

Dave

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Hi Dave!
Welcome to the forum!

i too am a return rider after 15 years.... am also a kid of almost 60 years old. took me a while to get use to the forward loc. pegs of a cruiser.

been back riding now for almost a year and 2,000 miles on the odometer.

loving the ride! :)

take it easy those first few months try to get lots of parking lot practice.
and ease into the high traffic areas. :wink:

oh ya, we like pics of our members bikes!
GOOD LUCK!
Dave R (droy)

·
Registered
310 Posts
WooHoo!

Great choice for your reentry to riding. You were wise to avoid the tempattion to ride something too big to satisfy your buddies. Polish your skills and then move up later if you have the urge. Most important, enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Good choice, and you got the fastest color. Welcome!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.