Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Premium Member
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Breaker-breaker ... Yep, another one. :cool:

Got this 1980 CB750F Super Sport for a grand. It's not perfect, but it's not undesirable either (like me - haha). Pick her up tonight if all goes well with getting a trailer. It's already got a 4-into-1 exhaust, so that's a plus.

I still have the 82 CB900, but I'm going to clean it up and sell it. Great bike; tons of power and in terrific shape! Just not for me.

· Registered
1998 750 ACE
20,925 Posts
I had a 71 model...
I rode with a fella who had this same one you got...
First oil change, the shop mechanic didn`t tighten the drainplug, we were riding about thirty minutes before it worked its way out...
I watched as he went down...
He got a NEW Bike from them for that mistake...
Luckily he wasn`t hurt!
You`ll enjoy this one too...

· Banned
5,100 Posts
Breaker-breaker ... Yep, another one. :cool:

Got this 1980 CB750F Super Sport for a grand. It's not perfect, but it's not undesirable either (like me - haha). Pick her up tonight if all goes well with getting a trailer. It's already got a 4-into-1 exhaust, so that's a plus.

I still have the 82 CB900, but I'm going to clean it up and sell it. Great bike; tons of power and in terrific shape! Just not for me.
Looks to be in great shape. being a 1980 it looks like it still held on the the 70's style and didnt take the "turn" the 80's bikes did with everything being
"modular" Square angles etc (thats a good thing).

What exactly to you plan to do with it?

· Registered
5,282 Posts
I am partial to the old CB's...very nice machines. I am thinking about picking one up someday to ride occasionally, but mainly for an investment. They are appreciating in value quickly. Here's what I would consider a prime '73 and it is at $8800 on Ebay. This is not too crazy of an asking price for the year and condition, IMHO. In 1974 my best friend (no longer with us) had this exact bike/color. He was killed by a Northbound Amtrack doing 100mph while he was crossing a private crossing in his work van.
Honda CB | eBay

· Premium Member
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That CB750 is begging me to ride it .... lol

Looks Great!
LOL! I don't get on much here any more. But I got an email notification from your post. I sold the CB last year along with a 78 Yamaha XS750 (package deal). Had the CB down to this (see pics) and just lost interest with lots of other projects. Had to make room. The new owner got her completed, but nothing special to see. Hell, I didn't even like the direction it was going. That happens when it's YEARS in between working on her....just...lost...interest.

Lately, I've been rewiring the VLX with new Dyna Coils and some other goodies. Also picked up an 09 Harley Dyna Super Glide this past August. That's been my rider lately. Yes, I've done quite a bit to it too; imagine that.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle

Obligatory HD pic now (my new baby)...
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Automotive fuel system

· Registered
1998 750 ACE
20,925 Posts
Yes Aced It you sure ain`t been active in a spell... ;)
It is Good to see you about the forums....

Merry Christmas
Ann & Dennis

Nice Bike

· Premium Member
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes Aced It you sure ain`t been active in a spell... ;)
It is Good to see you about the forums....

Merry Christmas
Ann & Dennis

Nice Bike
Thanks Cap! Merry Christmas to you and yours as well! When I get back to finishing the VLX I'll post some updates. I am working on a buddy's 09 V-Max right now too.

· Registered
99' Valkyrie/North Central Indiana
10,498 Posts
I love the old CB's(older the better). I had two back in the 70's and I was sitting on a new 1100 at the motorcycle show last week.
So how did it feel/sit for you assuming we're both about the same in age and stature aka "old curmudgeons". :giggle: The nearest one I searched for was in your neck of the woods. Really like the whole concept of this particular ride and PTWR is pretty close to the Valk but much lighter @ 562 lbs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts