Honda Shadow Forums banner

Pics from Today's Ride - 8/4/2011 - Carters Lake

2K views 23 replies 19 participants last post by  Corigan 
#1 ·
I decided to take a nice ride today to test out my new Mustang Wide Touring seat. This seat is awesome, I should have gotten one for my first upgrade to the bike. I don't have to stop now except for gas.

I took a trip up Bells Ferry to Hwy 20, to 108, to Salacoa, to Jeruselum Church, to 53, and then to 136 to cruise up to Carters Lake. First 30 minutes or so was in the Rain, so the bike is filthy and I need to wash it. Unfortunately, I can't do so right now due to county water restrictions. Came back through Henderson Mountain and had a great ride. The seat is comfy as can be. Since it was raining it was heavily overcast so some of the views were a little obstructed of the mountains, but I still snapped some pics.

Really beautiful place up there, and some awesome twisties. I need to bring the wifey up there for a picnic and some camping when it gets cooler. If anyone is around these parts and feels like going for a ride please feel free to drop me a line. There wasn't much opportunities to get the bike in many pics, so I took that last one off the side of 136.

See less See more
Discussion starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. I'm glad you like the pics. Pretty amazing views from up there. Here are two pics of the topside of the dam. It's boasted as the biggest earthen dam east of the Mississippi. I am still trying to figure out how to get around to get a shot from way down below of it. I road across the road above it that went over to a park. This is also a deep lake, 450 ft in areas. It's the deepest lake in Georgia.

Discussion starter · #17 · (Edited)
Yeah, I really like that route as well. Carter's is pretty awesome too. We live near some awesome terrain up here in the north georgia mountains.

I went up and did Sixgap this weekend and rode all along there Saturday morning. I kept missing the overlook's though to take pictures so only snapped off a few so I didn't post a report. I would fly around a turn and before I saw the overlook, I would already be past it with no where to turn around. It was severely overcast all morning (which made for a nice cool ride), but visibility was crappy up at the gap this weekend. I should have packed my swimming trunks so I could have gone tubing out there north of helen.

Ran into a shadow Rider at the gas station in dawsonville coming back. Guy had a 600, should have gotten his number as he was out of acworth.

Discussion starter · #21 · (Edited)
Amen Markspike! I don't think I could have gone 7 hrs on the stocker without atleast a break every hour or so. Here is a better closeup pic of the Bike up at Sixgap this weekend with the new seat.

Discussion starter · #24 ·
She's beautiful. That blue is one of my favorite colors for a bike!:D
Thanks, I like the color too. I eventually want to get it repainted and something custom put on it, but I am planning on having them leave some of that blue in the paint scheme. Many more mods before I worry about paint though as it is still in really good shape.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.