Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some Pics from my ride tonight. Some are kinda dark as I started losing daylight. I took a quick cruise up to Red Top Mountain State park and hung out at the lake a little while. Then I cruised over to Alatoona Battlefield (Civil War battlefield) on the way home. Unfortunately I was unable to walk the trail as it was getting dark to take pictures of the trenches and forts, but I will get to that next time.

Pics of Alatoona Battlefield. The second pic is right over the levee/hill you see there in the back of the first picture.

Overall a really nice ride tonight. I will try to stop by the battlefield when I get some more time and it is more in daylight. Over 1400 soldiers died there fighting over a railroad depot shortly after Atlanta was burned to the ground. I hope you enjoy the pics as much as I enjoyed taking them and the ride.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
great pics! thanks for sharin'!

·
Registered
561 Posts
I appreciate the pics. I always like to see someplace I have never been.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks fellas. I'm glad you enjoyed them. Hopefully today I can get some more riding and pics in, but it looks like I have scattered t-storms all day. Who knows if I will find a window out there or not today.

This was the first ride with my new large iso pegs, and I love those compared to the stock pegs. Of course it wasn't even 20 miles until I already scraped one. Had to make a nasty u-turn onto a banked road and had to lean into it pretty good. I laughed of course as it is going to be the first in many peg scrapes.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Great Pics!!! Thanks for posting them for everyone to enjoy

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dern, nice pics. I have a question. I'm about to hang saddlebags on my Shadow and they need to sit close to the pipes, like yours. Any heat issues?

Thanks,
GabgetBandit
Thanks everyone.

The V&H straightshots are heat shielded all the way down from the cylinders to tips. They still do produce some heat though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts