Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got up early today and saw it wasn't thunderstorming or raining for the first day in a week so I decided to take a nice morning/mid-morning ride. I was wanting to test out the new mirrors I got off of Big B (thanks bud, mirrors are great). Demon Cycle grim reaper mirrors if anybody was interested. I ended up passing through tate and decided to take some pics of the old Historic Train Depot. I probably wasn't supposed to put the bike on the property, but I did so anyways. This Depot was created in 1916 and it looks like it hasn't been updated since. I guess passenger trains used to come through here but stopped in 1946. It then was used as a maintenance yard and office. I guess they are supposed to be "relocating" it across the street and restoring it. I am glad I got some pics before that, as it kind of has that old horror feel.

I then kept on heading up Hwy 53 and ended up at Amicola River. Decided to walk around and relax some so I snapped a few pics:

Real nice ride, I was glad to be able to get out before it got to **** hot. It's been insane with the humidity/rain/heat around here that it has felt like a sauna everyime you walk outside. I hope you enjoyed the pics as much as I enjoyed the ride and taking them. BTW, if there is anyone around my area that feels like going out for rides, let me know. I am usually buzzing around solo.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I really enjoyed the pics. That river looked really inviting. Did ya jump in to get some heat relief?

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
great pics! beautiful!

·
Registered
748 Posts
Any trout in that stream? :)
I here ya brother, the weather up here has been nasty as well. Dew points in the low 80's...yuk.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Very nice ride - thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
:shock: Nice! I love old stuff. :-D

·
Registered
666 Posts
Great pics, looks a lot nicer then my ride to and from work today. lol

·
Registered
10,252 Posts
Very nice! Great pics! The bike looked really good at the old depot.
Coop

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Thanks fellas. Glad you enjoyed the pics. I think the depot pics came out pretty well for me not even being able to see the screen on my phone it was so bright. I just pointed in that direction and hoped something good came out of it.

I didn't jump in the river, I didn't feel like riding back 2 hours wet. Since I don't have any bags (and doubt I ever will with this bike), and wasn't carrying a backpack with a dry set of clothes I refrained from it.

There are trout up in that river and people do trout fish it all the time. I also saw they had some signs up about lake sturgeon and that they had introduced them back into the system which I thought was pretty cool. I think they are no catch though as they are trying to repopulate the area.

I think I found a section where I might be able to get the bike down near the river next time for some pics, so we will see next time I am up there.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Looks like a fun ride. The old depot is awesome.

·
Registered
162 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts