Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a nice ride today up around the Fort Mountain State Park area in North Georgia. Rode up to Chatsworth and then cut across 52/2 to Ellijay. Beautiful country up there in the mountains. The Chattahoochee National Forest and Cohutta Wilderness is part of the ride. Nice windy road for about 25 miles or so up and down the mountainside. Lots of fun twisties. Here are some photos from today's ride:

Pics up and down Hwy 52/2 on the mountainside:

Pics of the view, it was a overcast and hazy today:

Pics of the Bike with some mountains in the back:

Was tempted to just keep heading up past Chatsworth to the Cherohala Skyway and the Dragon, but weather is about to break today with the tropical storm Lee coming this way. I didn't feel like riding along way home in the Rain.

I may go up to Blue Ridge, GA and take a ride down 60 through the Chattahoochee National Forest to SixGap next weekend if anybody feels like joining.

I hope you enjoy the pics, the ride was great. It 75-80 degree temps, overcast, and 4 hours and 150 miles or so of pure enjoyment.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I hope you enjoy the pics, the ride was great. It 75-80 degree temps, overcast, and 4 hours and 150 miles or so of pure enjoyment.
Sounds like perfect conditions for a ride. It is still too hot here in Phoenix for long rides, but relief is coming soon. Thanks for posting the pics. That is some beautiful country.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
great pics! thanks for sharin'!

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds like perfect conditions for a ride. It is still too hot here in Phoenix for long rides, but relief is coming soon. Thanks for posting the pics. That is some beautiful country.
I know the feeling, it's been a n unbelievably hot summer here this year. First cool day we've had in ages thanks to the tropical storm coming through. I hope it gets a little cooler out that way for you all soon.

Thanks for the kind words on the pictures.

Seafox: I know exactly where you sig pic was taken, heh. I took one from up there not too long ago. Next time you are coming out this way or up to the gap let me know and maybe I will be able to come out and meet you and go for a ride.

OconeeDan: If you are ever up this way let me know and maybe we can do some riding. I almost did a charity ride to Lake Oconee the other day, but got called into work last moment so didn't make it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.