Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am missing many pics from my previous marrage .
And some of the pics were previous bikes I used to own .
Well . I saw my 1980 XS 850 Yamaha, On A video that I was burning to
DVD . I didnt think I had any pics of it . This bike was very cool back in the day .

This bike had air vents in the fairing , I converted those to where I added the speakers .I even added A sterio. But the 2nd radio I installed was to big to install . I had to remove the head light and head light bucket . And using A weller soldering gun , With A flat tip. I cut out the piece where the head light sat . Installed the radio. Melted the piece that I removed back in place.
And reinstalled the headlight and bucket ! Back then I was so proud of my self for hat mod !
Brings back some good And Some bad memories !
Just wanted to share .

Jack

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
I'll bet that was a sweet little ride. Looks like you babied it too.

·
Registered
871 Posts
1982 Honda SilverWing Interstate

That looks similar to my Silverwing I owned years ago. It was the Interstate so it had the frame mounted fairing and had detachable saddle bags. The wife and I bought that 2 weeks after we were married and loved that bike.

I installed a cassette player (couldn't figure out how to get an 8 track mounted LOL) and a CB radio. I sure was cool with that bike and hated to see it go after the stupid person turned in front of me and destroyed my bike.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Yep, sure is a sweet ride. That's the same bike as I have now, just no fairing or saddle bags. I sure do like it.

sanoke

1 - 5 of 5 Posts