Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son and I are planning a trip this summer up to Arkansas to ride the Pig Trail and some of the other scenic byways around the area. Does anyone have suggestions about the ride, as well as places to eat or visit?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
If they don't have the Pig Trail (23) repaired before your trip I can tell you a great way to get around it. Go north on 23 to 215, make a right and follow this road for about 15 miles and you come to a place called the Oark General Store & cafe. This is a GREAT place to stop and if you are hungry it's a great place to eat. Then go back the way you came (about a mile or so) and make a left on 103. 103 is not on everyone's radar but it should be! Follow 103 to Clarksville and pick up 21 going north. 21 is about as good as the Pig Trail, it's just not as famous. After about 28 miles on 21 you will come to 16. Make a left (west) on 16 and it will take you back to the Pig Trail where you can continue on your ride to Eureka Springs. There are many, many other options but this would be a good ride even if they do get the road fixed in time. This is my "stompin' ground" so let me know if I can help. Let me know when you are coming and maybe we can get together, I know where all the good food is.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Go online to the state of Arkansas dept of tourism and tell them when you are coming and where you want to go. Your mail box will be full of great information oriented to MC tours.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Get the brochures, they will be a big help! But they might not tell you about the Low Gap Cafe on 74 between Jasper and Ponca. If you don't know any better you will just ride past it and wonder why there is a half dozen bikes parked in front,
Low Gap Cafe - Jasper, AR - Yelp
There's a lot more the brochures might not tell you...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.