Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like to take my Ole Lady on the bike but she isn't very comfortable on the seat! I have a standard seat on at the moment, is there any other seat i could put on to make the ride more Comfortable? I have a 2003 750cc Shadow

·
Registered
2003 VT1100C Spirit
529 Posts
I guess I'll make it a third...the pillion on the Mustang Seat is contoured, plus nice and wide. Have one on my Shadow and I have one for my Valkyrie.

Mustang Seats

·
Registered
03 750 ACE / Michigan
26 Posts
Compared to the stock seat, what is the position like for the rider on the Mustang? I assume it's a bit higher and a bit forward?

I put Corbins on my last two bikes and I loved them, but I don't know if I want to put down 7 bills for one right now.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Compared to the stock seat, what is the position like for the rider on the Mustang? I assume it's a bit higher and a bit forward?

I put Corbins on my last two bikes and I loved them, but I don't know if I want to put down 7 bills for one right now.
I put a Mustang seat on my Phantom. About 1” up and 1” forward. It is very comfortable, can’t comment on the pillon seat cause I don’t use it and I am going to be removing it from the bike soon.

Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: stanman13

·
Registered
859 Posts
I put a Mustang seat on my Phantom. About 1” up and 1” forward. It is very comfortable, can’t comment on the pillon seat cause I don’t use it and I am going to be removing it from the bike soon.

Eric

Maybe sell the pillion to this guy for a reasonable price?

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Take the bike and whoever is going to be riding pillion to your local upholsterer and see what can be done. I'm willing to bet for probably around half a Mustang or Corbin seat will cost you you'll be able to get your current seat customized exactly the way your lady will like it. That's ONLY if you don't like simply throwing money at a hope......

·
Registered
99' Valkyrie/North Central Indiana
9,449 Posts
Not to hijack the thread, CoreyP I replaced my stock Valk seats due to age though still looking good with a set of new 2001 and up for $210. Very Mustang like in the way it feels and looks. "Now back to our regularly scheduled program." :)

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
I am not looking to sell the pillion for two reasons,,,

The pillion mates to a Mustang seat and will probably not work with another seat.

If I ever sell the seat or the bike the next owner will most likely want the pillion seat.

Eric

·
Registered
201 Posts
I saw this company mentioned in another thread on the forum. They will rebuild your stock seat for a price.

Mean City Cycles :: Motorcycle seat modifications

I have no personal experience with this company or process. I am considering taking a stab at remaking the seat on my VLX though. One thing it says on the Mean City Cycles site, that the seats needed time to break in, makes me think that the way the seat feels will be influenced by the previous owner's geometry.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I am not looking to sell the pillion for two reasons,,,

The pillion mates to a Mustang seat and will probably not work with another seat.

If I ever sell the seat or the bike the next owner will most likely want the pillion seat.

Eric

True you are better off keeping the set even if you don't use the pillion seat.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts