Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What size pin spanner do I need to adjust the rear suspension on my 06 Shadow Aero 750?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mark v said:
What is a Spanner?
A spanner looks like this.

The manual says to use a spanner to turn the suspension adjustment but apparently you can do it by hand as well.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Locutisj said:
My factory tool set has one included. Of course this is a 2000 Aero but I would expect it in most. :?:
I don't even know where my factory tool set is now - I replaced it right away. I'm pretty sure it didn't have a tool like that in it though. As I remember there were only two actual tools - can't remember what they were.

·
Registered
949 Posts
lucky you, my '06 did not come with one. a rubber strap wrench can be had for $2.00 at the local tool shop and works wonders. It will make marks on the chrome, but that comes off with water.

P.S.
Spanner=King's English
Wrench=American English

Metric vs S.A.E. :lol:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well - what I really wanted to do was to move my rear suspension adjustment from 2 to 3 since, at 220, I'm slightly above the model that Honda sets the bikes up for. After reading the replies here, I just jacked the bike up a bit and twisted the shock adjustment by hand - no problem and no wrench (or spanner :) ) required.

I don't know if this will make any difference in the ride or not. It just seemed like the thing to do.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yep. I had to crank mine up a tick or two. I range around 220 plus the wife so I went up. I was actually thinking of kicking up one more but I wanted to see where I go with tires first.

·
Registered
113 Posts
mark v said:
What is a Spanner?
You can get the Honda one here for a few $. www.bikebandit.com. Since Honda no longer includes tool kits (other then a wrench and screwdriver) I bought the full kit from BikeBandit for $45 but they sell the tools individually as well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts