Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i bought my 88 shadow 600 a while back the rear cylinder exhaust muffler was bent and plugging up the exhaust as if someone attempted to take it out but failed. So I took a hole saw and cut it out flush to make basically straight pipes, my question is would doing this have any negative affect on performance? If so how can it be adjusted. Sorry so long winded thanks for the help

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

The rear pipe

The front pipe

The part in the pipes that seems yo be blocking them is just what held the rear of the muffler springs

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
is that rattling around in there? may need to go up a little with the jets, but looks like you should be fine, as I believe that those are the baffles and there still in there.
you could go a little bigger with the hole saw and yank them completely, you will have to rejet at that point, did it my wifes VLX.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they dont seem to rattle and the whole spring set came out so i assumed that was all? so if i put straight pipes on or completely striped these out what would in need to rejet to?

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Read up on HoleSaw exhaust mods. Normally modifying the exhaust causes a Lean Fuel mixture. You may need to adjust the AF screws and maybe rejet the carbs.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
not to sound to dull. but im having difficulties locating my f/a screws. i have dual carbs and one single screw between them?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok I think I have located the a/f screw undercuts cap on my carb am I correct?

The cap in the center?

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
NO, this pic does NOT show the cap. It is UNDER the throttle wheel. There will be a capped port Right above the float cover at the lowest corner as it sits on the bike. Botton fron corner of the fr carb, bottom rear corner on the rear carb.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hah duh I found it it was right in my face and already drilled out

For the front carb my air cleaner covers this screw but I can tell its there will taking off the air cleaner to adjust the screw affect tuning?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What is the proper way to adjust air fuel mixture on dual carbs?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.