Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,
New to the board - need advise :?:
thinking of getting engine guards w. vinyl chaps for my 2005 VT1100C, never had engine guards before and wonder about the pro & con, I got NC wide windshield and NC lowers.I hope that the guards with chaps will help with the cold wind. Any advise on brand/type of guard and chaps would also be appreciated

thanks in advance

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am a fan of engine guards. They can really save your bike if you ever need them. Some guys don't like they way they look...so what. Some worry about if they will touch in a curve but your pegs will touch first.

Do not have the chaps yet but have thought about it. The people I know that do say it makes a difrrence in cold and rain.

Sherri

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
I made my own (just copied the idea from a website) using black Cordura, which is a waterproof canvas used for making boat covers. I made a template out of cardboard and then added enough around the edges that need to be folded around the crach bars and snapped in place. The hardest part was the sewing, which I did myself .
They work well for keeping my feet dry when riding in the rain. They will cut down on your gas mileage however, but if you use them for only extreme cold or rain, it's no big deal. If you fold them and put them in your saddlebag, you'll almost forget you have'm! >PD<

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have the Sagebrush designs chaps on my Cobra bars and they work excellent in cold weather keep my feet toasty. They can be removed in seconds so as the day warms you can take them off. For the price I don't think you will regret the additions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts