Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, So I am ready to kill my little brother. I just bought a 2003 Shadow Spirit this week and have it stored up at my moms house in the garage. My 16 year old brother decided he was going to ride his dirtbike today so he attempted to move my bike so he could get out. To make a long story short, and to keep me from crying, lol... he dropped it. The bars landed on his knee, he is ok, and there isnt a scratch on the bike anywhere. Problem being the bike turns over but wont start now, please tell me it is just flooded and will be fine if it sits for a while, lol.... And yes, i keep laughing so i wont cry, lol... Thanks

·
Registered
141 Posts
Make sure the petcock is on. I forgot to turn mine on right after I bought the bike and it did the same thing.
Its even worse if you get it started and forget to turn on the gas, then it stalls when you are riding it. Not that I have ever done that. 8)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Ok, in neutral?, clutch in? kill switch? Choke on and don't throttle it when starting.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have no idea how long it sat before i got it, but i have it on a trickle... it cranks over strong, just no fire.... im going to try it in the morning, hopefully it will fire then, give it time to dry out if that is indead the problem.... :cry:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just got a call from my dad, my baby is runnin and runnin strong :) it was flooded and wasnt firing on the rear cylander... i think i can spare a few bucks for some new plugs lol... thanks everyone!!

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
Another thing you might do it just go get some new plugs and change out and see what happens. You also may have some bad gas? might be a good idea since you don't know how long the gas has been in it to just drain the tank and try some new stuff?

·
Registered
11,114 Posts
Make sure no electrical connection came loose when the bike fell......check the battery cables, plug wires, starter wires. You may want to check your fuses as well, check your wiring harness connections under the seat...check all the wiring on your handlebars as well.....

·
Registered
188 Posts
yeah if he grabbed the handlebars he might have loosened the wire on the clutch.

Not sure if your sitting on it or standing next to it when starting, but check wires, fuses, sit on it, pull clutch in, kickstand up, kill switch down and crank it over.

If that no workie then start with the basics. Are you getting fuel? Pull the spark plug wire off, and spark plug. Put spark plug back in wire. Hold the threaded casing of the spark plug up to an engine ground point. Crank the bike...Is there spark? If you got fuel and spark it should crank.

No spark means you probably have a saftey switch wire loose somewhere.

--BB

·
Registered
327 Posts
Extreme Enigma said:
will do... also saw on the net that there are 2 plugs per cylander, but i only noticed 2 plugs total... any ideas?
Not on the 750 Spirit, not sure which bikes that applies to.

BTW, I've dropped mine twice and both times it was a couple minutes before it would restart.

·
Registered
949 Posts
beowulf said:
Extreme Enigma said:
will do... also saw on the net that there are 2 plugs per cylander, but i only noticed 2 plugs total... any ideas?

BTW, I've dropped mine twice and both times it was a couple minutes before it would restart.
The 1100's do, if you don't mind a little popping on decel these are great, since they run on 87 octane and have hydraulic lifters.

·
Registered
4,689 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
cbjr0256 said:
beowulf said:
Extreme Enigma said:

Are you sure there are only 2 plugs total?

http://www.hondashadow.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=41681
No Way! :eek:
I had no idea the hid 2! I've seen alot of bikes with them on opposite sides of the cylinder and expected that to be the case.
Thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts