Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I have read on this forum many times over the last few years that people use lemon Pledge to clean their bikes and also spray on face shield to make the bugs clean off easier, etc.

My question is, does it have to be lemon or will any Pledge do?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
has anybody tried the Pledge Dust and Allergen? That's what my wife has on the shelf. Otherwise, maybe I'll go to Sam's and get that 3 pack of lemon for $9. That should last me awhile.

·
Registered
404 Posts
has anybody tried the Pledge Dust and Allergen? That's what my wife has on the shelf. Otherwise, maybe I'll go to Sam's and get that 3 pack of lemon for $9. That should last me awhile.
Actually my wife just told me they went up to $10 for the 3 pack since the last time I bought them. They are the extra large cans though so still a good deal.

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
I've got to say: you guys are really polite and helpful here. I've been on the forum maybe 2+ months; I consider myself a nice guy. But I was really fighting the impulse to be smartass in reply to this question.

I'm impressed. Really. Not that that makes any difference, but I had to say so.

-john

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
:shock: What? Was someone asking about me? :-D

·
Registered
322 Posts
Faceshields

I prefere to use Rainex on my faceshield. First it is recommended by the helmet manufacture plus I found that it provides better optical qualities when riding in the rain than Pledge does. Bugs clean off easily with water and a soft cloth.

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
I prefere to use Rainex on my faceshield. First it is recommended by the helmet manufacture plus I found that it provides better optical qualities when riding in the rain than Pledge does. Bugs clean off easily with water and a soft cloth.
If your face shield is made of Lexan or (I think) Plexiglas Rain-X will screw with it and fog it up.

Permanently.

Be sure you know what materials you're using it on. To be safe, most use Rain-X only on glass.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I am actually using a different brand, Kleen Guard, lemon furniture polish. I don't think it matters lemon or not, or even if it's pledge. It's spray wax in a can, and seems to work well. Makes the bugs easier to get off the next time too, as it leaves a slick surface.
Dan

·
Registered
662 Posts
Use the Multi Surface Pledge. Great product ....

Being anal about a clean bike I just use too much ....

·
Super Moderator
6,531 Posts
I consider myself a nice guy. But I was really fighting the impulse to be smartass in reply to this question.
-john
Not to sound like a smartass but I was wondering when the next "Lemon Pledge" thread was going to pop-up?
It's been awhile; hasn't it?
Phil

·
Registered
6,153 Posts
Not to sound like a smartass but I was wondering when the next "Lemon Pledge" thread was going to pop-up?
It's been awhile; hasn't it?
Phil

Well, considering the number of times that it has come up in the past...:shock: A search of the site revealed 200+ threads where it has been talked about. But, in the vein of a kinder and gentler membership, I'll keep my comments simple. :-D

Have never used it. :mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.