Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pop in 1 pipe for the rear cylinder at idle only. It goes away if I run the pilot screw in almost all the way. As soon as I back it out it starts to pop. Also the wires (3 yellow) form the regulator get hot when the bike is running. Any help would be great. Carbs have been cleaned. Could a bad diaphram or float level issues cause this?

2004 vt1100c- 5k miles on it has vance and hines pipes. Stage 1 jet kit and K&N filter in the stock airbox.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is out of adjustment? The problem is only at idle. Can you give me some idea where to start. Thanks

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
You could just have an air leak somewhere. Check out where the carb is mounted to the engine and make sure it's good and tight. Check the exhaust header for leaks at the outlet on the engine. The crush gasket may be improperly installed.
Look at all the wires to makesure there isn't a slight vibration (mostly at idle anyways) that goes away when your engine smoothens out while riding.
Those three yellow wires comming from the stator - cut out the plastic plug that will eventually fail anyways, and solder, shrink wrap the wires to prevent future connector failure. Those plastic connectors are the weak points in most metric bikes I've owned. It's one of the most important prevent maintenance procedures you can do on a Shadow.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i will check all this out. Just to be sure the wires should not be getting hot right? Thanks again for your help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts