Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi gang..

Joined up here a bit ago inquiring about either the Phantom or the RS..I love the looks of those bikes..

then learned about the latest Yamaha Bolt...now that looks nice in pictures and videos so I thought I would be a new Bolt owner...

until I went and saw it in person and rode it...

Just from sitting on it, it didn't feel right..the bike looks cool but it has that thrown together feel about it that everything didn't feel like it flowed together...sat on the shadow RS sitting right next to it and I can immediately appreciate the fit , finish, the seating position, etc from the get go on the honda...it just felt natural whereas the bolt , i had to 'adjust' myself and was stuck in that position....

i'm 5'11 with a 32 inseam and felt as if i had to stretch out to the bars and reposition my hips on the bolt...sat on the RS and the bike seems like it was made for me...

then the test drive...again, the ride on the bolt just didn't seem 'right' for me...good motor , nice disc brakes, cool looking, but the thing just didnt feel right and the digital gauge just seemed out of place ....like having a $2.00 stick on digital watch placed on the latest bmw car's rear view mirror ...

rode the RS..while the motor didn't feel as if it was as strong as the 950, i was able to ride it easier, quicker, and with more confidence ..where the 950 felt like it can out power the RS in the straights, the Honda will catch up and walk away from the Bolt in the twisties because of the better clearance of the foot pegs, whereas the Bolt dragged so easily even around town on surface streets ....

everything about the RS was just easy...i stopped, jumped off, hopped on again without even having to adjust my body whereas with the bolt, i had to kind of make more of a reach , adjust my footing, make myself comfortable on the seat...the RS, i would only stop for gassing up due to the smaller fuel tank and keep on riding whereas the bolt, I felt I would stop just to stop and only ride to be scene rather enjoying the scenery as on the RS...

while the honda rs may not be so flamboyant as the Bolt, the little RS reminded me of the nerdy librarian who makes xrated videos where as the Bolt was that good looking woman who was more into herself and refuses to even cook dinner...

I'm a new owner of the Shadow RS....time to make some videos...

·
Registered
16,931 Posts
Looking through my newest edition of "BORN TO RIDE - GA "

The FAT BOY in the ad seems intriguing, it has my attention!!!!

I sat on the Bolt too, I ain`t a dragbars type guy, so I sat on others at the shop...
I don`t care for a lot of the seats on these newer Bikes...

Congratulations on your Honda purchase, Ride Safe

Merry Christmas,
Dennis

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
The RS is a good bike, sister bike to mine. Great choice. I have tried the Bolt and quite liked it. It is a second choice when I go with a different brand/bigger bike. First choice will be a triumph.

Welcome to the forum.

Dingo.

2010 Honda Shadow Phantom- Custom

This one sent from my other 'droid device

1 - 4 of 4 Posts