Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to check out a bike later this evening. This is going to be a project bike. Bike has been sitting for the last 3 years in the garage and is also missing the gas tank. However I am getting it for a steal and it has quite a few shiny after-market accessories that are made of unobtanium. I can easily make twice the amount of money if not more for what I am paying for this bike by selling these accessories!!! :wink:

If I do buy this bike, it will be converted to a proper muscle bike devoid of any chrome after-market parts. I will also be blacking out most of the oem shiny stuff and getting the wheels powder coated black.

I can't wait to get this project started!!

BTW.....I forgot to mention, this is another '98 Valkyrie Tourer. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Can't wait to see it.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
323 Posts
That's a good looking bike. 33k is hardly anything on these bikes and for the listed price, this is actually a very good deal (provided it has a clear title).
Dang BP if I had the bucks I would sure find out. Property tax's and TX windstorm was more than 5 grand this year, and I just wrote that check yesterday! Crappin windstorm kept me from my yeller Valk.

Man, I await pics of your project for sure!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Bought the bike. Will be getting it towed over to my place next week.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Congrats, b.p.p.!

One of these days, I may just find me one.....

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Not jealous, but am a bit envious :):D
Also, I`m Praying everything works the way you have it planned,
Dennis
I'm jealous AND envious! Can't wait to see what you have in mind for it. Nice score.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Great find, have fun making it yours and keep us posted with pics!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So this is how the bike stands right now. Ready to drop the engine in the next couple of days and paint it all black. Most of the parts have been sent for powder coating including the gas tank and the fenders. Chopped off another 12 inches from the exhausts and they are getting ceramic coated in black.

Should be getting them all back in a couple of weeks. More pictures to follow later.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,878 Posts
Nice! .. Can't wait to see what you do with it :)

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Cant wait to see this...

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dropped the engine and painted it gloss black with POR-15 engine painting kit.

·
Registered
5,352 Posts
That doesn't look too bad, over here I would have paid $500 for it If I wanted it, I would wonder why the tank had been removed and what else had been removed and what it would cost to get running..

Then I would put a good battery on it and bridge the starter solenoid to see if it turned over, then hang a dish soap bottle over it with gasoline in it and a tube leading to the fuel filter to see if it would fire.

John.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.