Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or at least motorcycle sales will hit a new record high. I see the popularity exploding in 2007 by some telling signs:

1) Here in the Dallas area there have been on television motocross previews for the upcoming season. They showed a motocross event (in kind of documentary form) being held at Texas Stadium. It talked about the racers, their ranking, who they rode for and what it takes to put on an event of that size such as the amount of plywood and dirt etc..
This was obviously targeted for our market so I think we’re going to see more television exposure.

2) We have a new motorcycling movie coming out in April with some major stars in it and you know how life imitates movies.

3) How about those Suzuki commercials that show the hot chicks on the bike chasing 2 guys in a Suzuki car or the guy in the Suzuki car switching rides with the hot girl on the bike?

4) Finally, gas prices will undoubtedly go up and this will be the catalyst where people will have to find a more economical way to get around. Happened to a guy at work last year when his wife gave the go ahead to a bike after a 600.00 gasoline bill for the month.

I think we’re going to see an explosion of new riders in 2007.

What do ya think?

·
Registered
135 Posts
If not 2007, then soon after, surely. Gas prices will certainly climb again and probably stay at incrementally increased levels. It would also seem we are becoming mainstream. Who'd a thunk it. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I thought motorcycling had been booming for the past 5 or more years. I believe each year sets a new record high. I'd agree that it will probably continue for some time to come.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I remember being surprised when I saw the Suzuki commercial for the first time (best part about it was being at my ex-girlfriend's and seeing the look on her face). I think biking will definitely keep growing in popularity due to gas prices more than just about anything else.

·
Registered
335 Posts
More popularity is cool ,but it can be a bad thing too. More riders = more inexperienced riders = more accidents = more stupid laws. If you aren't already part of a organization that fights for 'motorcycle rights' for lack of a better term, join one! When you see laws pending, WRITE PEOPLE IN POWER! We need to be on our toes, because this could happen fast. Just my gut feeling... "uh-oh".

·
Registered
296 Posts
That Suzuki ad caught my eye as well, but I think they could have picked a better bike for that commercial than that awful pig-nosed M109R, :x yecch.

The girl made up for it though I suppose! :twisted:
-K

·
Registered
10,170 Posts
I agree that 2007 will be a record year. Actually, I think every year for quite some time will be a record year. 2 wheelers are going to become VERY popular due to fuel prices....

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
That Suzuki ad caught my eye as well, but I think they could have picked a better bike for that commercial than that awful pig-nosed M109R.
The girl made up for it though I suppose!
Bike? There was a bike in there? Oh, wait, maybe there was a guy and some kind of car, too, now that I think about it. I'll have to watch more closely next time. :lol:

·
Registered
310 Posts

Bikes are very popular in my area... AZ. There were 1000's of bikes out on New Years Day. We were amazed by the shear numbers. There were several hundred at our watering hole and scores on the Apache Trail. It was a very fun riding day. We managed more than 2100 miles in December and we had plenty of company. We look forward to another banner year. Yes, bikes are hot.

Enjoy the ride!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts