Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any input on a good source for ignition coils for the 96 vt1100c? Bought some off amazon and after a month was back to chasing parts when it ended up being the "new" coils. Riding season is slipping away from me and I need to get back on the horse so I want to buy once this season to avoid any more delays. What's your preference with small emphasis on price? Dont mind buying quality parts but dont need to spend more than necessary.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Always buy OEM. You'll paid twice in other words. Have to suck up the price. Probably the stock coils are still good. Or it was the set of coils, meaning you threw parts at it, did so many thing on top of it, you don't know what cleared it up.

Coils and plug wires are still available. If you didn't change the ends of the coil wires out of the harness, means dependable. Go in the cheap seats, then just the coils. Use the old OEM plug wires. Just snip the old plug wire back enough to remove the green so the copper wire has a fresh contact. Too short? Dip the end in vinegar, wait for the bubble to stop, spray off with contact cleaner.

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
18,781 Posts
The Dyna coils seems to be a good choice, from what I have seen, but I haven't used them yet. Just pondering it.
Make sure to get coils with near 2 ohm primary resistance to match the factory specs pretty close.
There are some that are some that are 3 and 5 ohms for different systems.
Factory coils are the safe choice.

Reactions: "Captain D"
1 - 3 of 3 Posts