Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found an 06 Stratoliner S. They give me a price of 13,300+ tx . What do you think? Is that a good price? The 07's are 16580 for the same thing. Its the black cherry color. Its a pretty son-of-a-gun.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Based on what my riding pal gave for his '06 midnight roadliner, that is a fair price assuming it is a left over new '06. He loves his and made many mods already (we get bored in the winter here in OH). He feels it handles better than the '05 Boulvard M50 he traded in. Feel free to pm and I'll get a "write up" from him inc. the modifications.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Yeah, that's a good price, webby. Quite a bit less than I paid for mine back in April! Some great deals to be had on the '06's.

I'd see if you can get them to throw in the 5 year warranty. A lot of dealers are doing that.

By the way, nice choice. That Black Cherry and Raven is one beautiful bike, if I do say so myself. :)

·
Registered
628 Posts
The current "official" incentives on '06 Roadliners/Stratoliners is $750 cash back, 7.9% financing, and a 3 year warrenty. This became effective Jan 1 and is good through Feb 28. I was quoted an OTD price, taxes included, of $12,600 for an '06 midnight strat. I didn't pull the trigger. Yet. :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Beautiful bike, but no radiator....................no way. Not in Texas. The dealer even told me that they would probably need a rebuild at 60,000 miles IF they were well taken care of. I'm over 40,000 on my 04 VTX1300C. There is no way I could justify a bike that couldn't take 100,000+ miles

·
Registered
628 Posts
I started to write a long reply on the advantages, disadvantages, myths, and legends of Air Cooled vs Water Cooled, but it's all the things we've seen before.

So, the short version is that was a really silly thing for a dealer to say about a modern air/oil cooled motor. I plan on riding back and forth across this country for the next several years until my Stratoliner has well over 100K on the odometer.

Regards. -Jay

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Webby,

I bought my new 06 stratoliner from Honda East in Toledo for 12,580, 13,300 for an S model is a good price. Hell, just go buy it, you'll never regret it. You would have to buy a sport/tourer to get a bike that handles any better, and wait till you twist that throttle. :wink:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For those of you that have Stratliner's. I am 5'9'' 200lb. and getting older everyday. (58) How big are you guys and do you think the Strat s would be to big for me to handle ,especially riding 2 up in the city. My legs and back are not the greatest but it seems the Strat is very well balance and doesn't seem that much difference than my 750 ACE. I have only set on a Strat, never had the chance to ride one.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Do it webby! You won't regret it.

I'm 6'2", 225, but I think the Stratoliner is so well balanced that it is as easy or easier to handle than my 1100 Spirit was.

I believe Paulie is 5'6" or so. I'm sure he'll chime in and tell you how nice this bike handles.

I really hope it all works out for you. You're gonna love this bike!

-Jay

·
Registered
710 Posts
Go for it. I have a friend that has one & he loves it!

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
webby said:
For those of you that have Stratliner's. I am 5'9'' 200lb. and getting older everyday. (58) How big are you guys and do you think the Strat s would be to big for me to handle ,especially riding 2 up in the city. My legs and back are not the greatest but it seems the Strat is very well balance and doesn't seem that much difference than my 750 ACE. I have only set on a Strat, never had the chance to ride one.
Webby,

I'm less than 5'6'" weigh about 200lbs on a thin day. No more leg cramps like I used to get on the shadow. She handles as well as any cruiser, I think better than most, and yet you feel very anchored to the ground. I've made alot of mistakes while riding it and can say it is very very forgiving. Oh, did I mention the power. Only bad point, the seat is as hard as a rock just like every other production seat. I think Jay replaced his with an ultimate seat. Mustang also makes one. I'm trying to make up my mind. I could make do with the stock seat but I would like a backrest for those longer rides. At 58, I ain't gettin any younger, and all those years running the ridges along the Ohio river have left one leg shorter than the other :lol:

·
Registered
539 Posts
Yamaha builds good stuff, no doubt. But for the money, and if I strayed from Honda, I'd have to go Kawasaki. 900 or 2000 LT.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts