Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just looked at their website, wow! I thought I had to buy a high dollar seat to get a driver's backrest. How does it attach? It doesn't look like it mounts to the fender rail in the VLX picture and it's too dark to see where else it might go. I want to thank Bikerchix1 for mentioning it and Bullzeyet for posting the link (www.protac.net) on another thread, otherwise I may have never known they made such a thing. It is definitely going on my wish list!

·
Registered
26 Posts
TS My wife has one on her VLX it mounts using the front bolts on the rear fender bracket. It is an L shape and rest over the chrome bracket when pushed to the back. The back rest it self slides into the holders so you can remove in 2 sec. if you want to.I have ridden her bike and it holds me w/o any problem When you order do it by phone . They will ask you several question to make sure it will work with your bike. It took me about 15 min. to install.. jm750 Go to owners gallery pics. and look at bikerchix1

·
Registered
79 Posts
Trueseaker said:
I just looked at their website, wow! I thought I had to buy a high dollar seat to get a driver's backrest. How does it attach? It doesn't look like it mounts to the fender rail in the VLX picture and it's too dark to see where else it might go. I want to thank Bikerchix1 for mentioning it and Bullzeyet for posting the link (www.protac.net) on another thread, otherwise I may have never known they made such a thing. It is definitely going on my wish list!
I checked out their website but couldn't see any prices. How much for a 750 ACE?

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Not sure about prices...haven't looked myself lately. But saw some were paying $125 from those on the board. Got our's long, long ago and paid $105. Calling them is a great help for getting the "right one" for you and the bike. It's a good "small" company that'll talk to ya. 8)

This backrest may not be as "flashy or bling-bling" as others but "simple" is usually best.

Bullzeyet

PS: wanted to add that those that own the VLX, you might want to "question" CleoBen about the modification he made to "Cleo's" Pro-Tac. Not sure but I think he used a different "mount" to make it work better for the VLX. :wink:

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have one for my VT1100. I really like it. For around town it just pulls out of the mounts (takes 1 second). It cost me like $135 about a year ago.

·
Registered
26 Posts
gerry I believe they are all $125.00 plus s&h jm 750 btw I could not get one for my magna as it would not work with my leather lyke bags. I did get one from bak up .It was more expensive and has a back that gives some when leaned back on. JP cat. lists them. Jm 750

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jmagna 750 said:
TS My wife has one on her VLX it mounts using the front bolts on the rear fender bracket. It is an L shape and rest over the chrome bracket when pushed to the back. The back rest it self slides into the holders so you can remove in 2 sec. if you want to.I have ridden her bike and it holds me w/o any problem When you order do it by phone . They will ask you several question to make sure it will work with your bike. It took me about 15 min. to install.. jm750 Go to owners gallery pics. and look at bikerchix1
I see you installed it in addition to saddlebags, does her bike have the saddlebag guards that use the fender mount holes too? I am just wondering if you had to get creative to make them both go on the same place or if it was mostly self-explanatory. I'm also thinking a sissy bar uses all 4 fender mounting holes, and there's no way my wife will let me get myself a back rest if I'm not getting hers too! :) I might have quite a stack of parts on those front fender bolts when it's all said and done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts