Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I have a 1996 VT1100C2 and have owned it for a few years. I have been thinking of doing some custom work to the bike to make it look awesome. I was looking to see if anyone could help me with a few things. I currently am stipping the bike down to the frame so i can repaint an polish everything

First thing is there anyone that has improved the performace of their bike and know what things I can look into doing. I don't mind if it requires a little extra work to get it to go! Anything suggested would be awesome

Secondly, Has anyone had experience with adding MSD ignition or accel ignition products to their ride. If so can you please share your experience.

Lastly, I would like to have any input that others have done no performance related so I can get some ideas of what is possible beyond what im already imagining.

Thanks for your time on this I just really want to get a badass bike back out on the road. If you can think of anything just let me know. I will also be posting pictures of the progress.

Domino

· Registered
2001 Valkyrie I/S
7,138 Posts

· Registered
5,282 Posts

· Registered
91 Posts
I also looked for "performance" mods for my VT1100, and I couldn't find much that was within reasonable effort or money that could make a big difference. Exhaust and air filter is a good place to start, and make sure you've got proper jet sizes for the combo. Jet kits for Carburetors

Beyond that, it's more a matter or making sure nothing is causing a problem. Good spark plugs and wires, proper jets, clean carbs, carbs synched (if needed), oil level, tire air pressure, grease in all the right spots...

These bikes don't have add-ons that will make them into high performance bikes. I've seen 50hp quoted as standard for VT1100 shadow. Remember the old Honda V65 Magna/Sabre bikes that had ~120hp? We can't get there. Ours are just cruisers made to go all day, everyday with very few problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.