Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... of my POS.

I know I haven't been on lately. I drive two hours each way everyday for work, so I haven't had a whole lot of free time (or money) lately. Anyway, I got tired of waiting around for my friend to work on my bike so I went to his shop and did some work on it. I had planned on it being finished by the end of the month. That's not going to happen now. Anyways. Here's the pics.

Let me explain the exhaust. That's the stock 2 into 1 pipes customized and with 12" glasspacks on them. That's why they're so "lumpy" lol Kinda bugs me but hopefully I'll get used to it. It sounds awesome and I can't complain about $30 custom pipes.

I have a rear fender on order. After that I still have to lower the front and back, mount the custom taillights and the sidemount plate, and get the rest of the chrome black and put the mini apes on. Hopefully I'll have more updated pics next weekend.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's black fiberglass exhaust wrap. I never thought about it until it was done, but it looks like carbon fiber. Then I realized it's black fiberglass. lol

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The rear fender is a Jesse James Tombstone. I ordered it a week ago and haven't even recieved a shipping email yet. :( I'm going to check on the status of it tomorrow. I was hoping to have it on this bike this weekend.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Looks like you're headed in the right direction, gonna look pretty bada$$ when its all done!

The upper forks look pretty shiny, but the lowers have the usual oxidation.
Any thought into going all black on the forks?
I think that would look pretty good with the blacked-out means-business look you have going already.
Just an idea.

Are you putting a front fender on?

-K

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The upper half of the forks will be gloss black. The lower will be flat. I'm going to try to go without a front fender. I'll just have to remember to keep a bandana with me in case it rains, I can wrap it on the front forks and it'll act as a fender.

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
My kinda chop job! Gotta love it. That's along the same lines as my Yamaha I'm in the middle of chopping/bobbing.
The only downside to having a shorty fender on the back, is not being able to go out a muddy driveway in the spring (don't ask) :(

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
IF I have any free time tomorrow I'll go to the shop and put it on, but I already have a lot of things I have to do tomorrow. One of them being sleep. :wink:

·
Registered
249 Posts
CrissCross said:
MrRngr94,

Bike Looks Great!
Yes ,and you can say,you built it yourself,and saved some dough.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Lookin' good, Mr! I love that clean bobber look and the wrapped pipes. Course, anything would be an improvement over the hatchet job that guy did on the fenders.LOL. Good job.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks again! I was going to try and finish as much as I could this weekend but it's bikeweek and I only live an hour from Daytona. As much as I'd like to work on the bike, in reality I know I'll end up going to Daytona. :roll:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here's another update on the bike.

Got the front lowered
rear shocks on
rear fender mounted
lights mounted
horn mounted
Was going to powdercoat, but ran out of money, so I'm having to paint it for now. :(

Not too far off from my original photoshop. And the star will be back on there. Hopefully by the end of the week.

And here's what it looked like when I got it

1 - 18 of 18 Posts