Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Pretty happy with the way this is turnin out so far with makin my 86 vt700 my own. Here is a before and after. Next is some chopping of stuff i dont need. Curious about the kick stand though, has anyone lowered theirs and cut their kickstand or just replaced it with a smaller on? It isneayyy to long with these Rebel shocks on there haha

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
You could probably bend it out a little. Take it off and put it in a vise and slip a piece of pipe over it and bend it. Just make sure that when it it up that it wont stick out too far. I've seen people do it that way and it didn't look bad.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Being on the let's say 'height challenged' side, when I lowered my 86 VT700, I found a side stand and center stand on Ebay, and I cut about 1.5 inches out of them and it was just right, I kept the standard ones for when I may [if ever] decide to sell the bike to a taller rider and raise it back up. [Remember measure twice and cut once.]

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So far no issuses with anything hitin the ground while riding accually pretty smooth with these shocks. I decided im just going to leave the kickstand the way it is, the bike sits a little more centered when parked but nothing serious... so far atleast. Thanks dudes!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.