Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on installing a set of Progressive springs later this spring (when I'm not freezing my a$$ off in the shed!) and I had a question about the spacers.

Is it better to use the spacers that came with the kit or modify the stock spacers? Is there that big of a difference between the two?

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
It' better to use the spacer they supply (if they give you a long enough piece). Apparently Progressive has not being doing a great job in that department......shorting by an inch or so.....

If they don't give you a long enough spacer tube just use some schedule 40 PVC from the hardware/plumbing store.

The stock spacers are thin metal, and can be cut down and re-used, however they may or may not have some rust spots - or be significantly rusty such that you may not want to re-use them and chance contaminating the fluid.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
cbjr0256 said:
It' better to use the spacer they supply (if they give you a long enough piece). Apparently Progressive has not being doing a great job in that department......shorting by an inch or so.....

If they don't give you a long enough spacer tube just use some schedule 40 PVC from the hardware/plumbing store.

The stock spacers are thin metal, and can be cut down and re-used, however they may or may not have some rust spots - or be significantly rusty such that you may not want to re-use them and chance contaminating the fluid.
Okay Chuck! tell us about your sig pic??
Two bikes, but neither is a 98 1100 Spirit?? What gives??
MarkC

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
MarkC said:
Okay Chuck! tell us about your sig pic??
Two bikes, but neither is a 98 1100 Spirit?? What gives??
MarkC
Those are the two bikes we rented in Australia over the Christmas Holidays, that was a picture taken along the Great Ocean Road at one of the scenic overlooks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts