Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have these? Which ones do you have (inches) and how much did it drop the back end of your bike? What do you think of them?

·
Registered
339 Posts
I got the 11.5" 412s. They ride smooth, but you'll still feel good size bumps. The smaller cracks and stuff pretty much disappear when compared to stock.

These lowered my Spirit by .5" or so. I also got the progressive fork springs and adjusted the spacers to about .5" lower than stock. After a test ride I changed the fork oil to 15 weight to smooth things out a little in the front.

After doing this to my ride and liking it, I did it to my wife's. I asked her after she had ridden a few hundred miles if she would go back to the stock suspension, she said no way! (She gave me kind of a hard time to begin with because she had not asked for better suspension, thinking I was spending too much in the beginning...) I'm glad she likes the upgrade. I know I do.

Mark

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
bikervas said:
how much did it drop the back end of your bike? What do you think of them?
It's gonna depend on the bike - I've got 11" on mine, but my stockers were 13", so that's quite a drop (so accounting for the mounting angle about, what, 1.5 inches?). Most modern crusiers don't have stock shocks that long.

I like mine, but mostly for the looks, not the performance. I find they ride fairly stiff, but that's probably due at least in part to the increased angle of the shorter shock.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts