Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who has the front and rears?

what ones?

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
I have front and rear, 440HD on the rear (no options for front springs, that I know of, but I use abotu 3/4" longer spacer than Progressive recommends in the their install inst.).

I love them, the HD's are very stiff, so if you aren't supplying a minium of 275lbs of added weight to the bike (include, gear add-on, passenger) they may be too harsh.

http://www.progressivesuspension.com/prodSearchResults.aspx?yearID=2004&makeID=40&modelID=436

Find/decide on the shock model you want write down the number and google search for best prices shipped to CA.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
I have the fronts on my Sabre and it is probably the biggest bang for the bucks you'll find in the handling department.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tks for the feedback all. 412's are what i'm considering but will review the link - tks for that.

had not found any real options for the front - guess now i know why.

suspension and mustange seat are my first upgrades in 07

Guy

·
Registered
236 Posts
Guy,

We have Progressive fork springs in both Spirit 1100s and a set of Progressive 412 HD shocks on one of the Spirit 1100s. The 412 HDs are VERY stiff. If you normally run less than 275 lbs loaded, go with the regular 412s.

Best price I found was at Phat Performance Parts.

Jim
2001 Spirit 1100 (his)
2001 Spirit 1100 (hers)

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have Progressive springs on the front and Progressive 412's on the rear. I love them. The bike handles so much better than with the stock springs. Especially the front end dive while braking.
The front end still dives during hard braking, but nothing like the stock springs did. Well worth the money!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts