Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm sure most of you all on here remember the mini trail z50. i'd say some of you all have had 'em and maybe even learned to ride on one.

i believe it's a 1971. but, it's pretty rough and missin' some stuff.. the gas tank has been painted a different red. the original was two-tone.. red on top, white on the bottom. but anyways.. it wouldn't run when i got it. carb gummed up. took the carb of and cleaned it. put it back on, put some oil in it. i couldn't run it with the gas tank.. to rusty in the inside.. but i think it's solid enough i can coat it. i hooked it up to another tank.. and it started in one kick.

these things are pretty bulletproof.

anyways... here's some pics. they might bring back some old memories.

here's a pic with me on it. hahaha

it's just somethin' me and my brother(LJ.Speedmaster) are makin' a little project out of. hope ya enjoyed the pics.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn! You're just a Pup!
hahahaha! yeah... i'm only 20.

how would you like to ride the mini trail down to texas.. you could probably fold it up and put it in the saddle bag on the way back :p

·
Registered
10,263 Posts
Cool! I learned on one similar.....A long time ago, what size and all left many moons ago, but it was green! Man, too many head on collisions in football and too many beers! Keep us updated!
Coop

·
Registered
276 Posts
mini-trail

Yep, I remember 'em. Then it was the Trail 70, then the Yamaha Endruo 125....then the YZ 250.....then my daughter,,,,then poverty,,,,,ahh the memories....

Keep us posted on the project, that little bike is a keeper for sure....

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hopefully i'll get this thing lookin' a little better. i'll keep ya updated when i can!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've got 3 Trail 70's, two that run. My son and I took them to an off-road park a few weeks back, sure brought back some memories of when I was a kid, funny how that little engine seems to have lost alot of power in all those years!

Check out lil-honda.com for a pretty good forum and dratv.com for parts. You can get just about anything for these things, Honda shops can also get many parts as well, you save on shipping going through them too.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Lookin good. I hope you do a full on authentic resto on it. that'll be awesome.
I started on one that ny friend had. Then I got my SL 70.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Thanks for the memories. My first bike was a Montgomery Ward minibike with 4 hp Tecumseh engine. Eventually put on a Comet two-speed jack shaft and later a torque converter. A friend of mine had a Honda mini-trail. I always thought of mine as a lawnmower engine powered bike while his three speed minitrail seemed more like a "real" motorcycle.

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
:shock: Had a monkey myself. I was a bit old/big for them at that point in time. But still great fun. Bulletproof someone said? That is no sh*t. D*mn things were indestructible. Can't count how many times I piled that thing up trying to do stuff it was incapable of doing. Kids next door were younger than me and I let them ride it. Their Mother hated me. :-D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.