Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so heres an idea
what if, on one day, every man woman and child who owns a motorcycle rides them all to the nearest police station to "turn ourselves in"

society thinks were murderous thugs, fine.

lets show them how many we are when we turn ourselves in for being these murderous thugs that they think we are. let them decide if we need to be processed by the system, or perhaps just realize that with so many of us, it is a small portion who are bad.

i dont have the ambition to organize something like this, but i would attend it for sure.

·
Premium Member
8,930 Posts
Either that or ride and act responsibly on two wheels just like the HUGE majority do..

Always the same, and it's the same the world over.. It's the few spoiling it for the many.. Not much you can do about it... Invading a police station by the thousands will not likely add positivity to the image of the average biker..

Might be better to invade the DMV to protest the lack of motorist education and awareness when it comes to motorcycles.. I'm not one for group rides, but even I might make an appearance for that. ;)

·
Registered
99' Valkyrie/North Central Indiana
10,257 Posts
so heres an idea
what if, on one day, every man woman and child who owns a motorcycle rides them all to the nearest police station to "turn ourselves in"

lets show them how many we are when we turn ourselves in for being these murderous thugs that they think we are. let them decide if we need to be processed by the system, or perhaps just realize that with so many of us, it is a small portion who are bad.

i dont have the ambition to organize something like this, but i would attend it for sure.
Our LEO's are awesome folk here and many of them ride. If you get pulled over on a bike its because theres a good reason but in FL, can't say but from what experienced in my FL visits I can see with the diverse population, it could be a challenge riding there. ;)

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
I think an organized protest would be counter-productive. It would re-enforce the image of all riders as "gang" members more than dispel it.

I just work at being courteous while riding, smile at people when I pull my helmet off, and hold doors for people while I'm wearing my gear. It goes a long way. Of course, that's a good way to go even without riding. ;)

·
Premium Member
8,072 Posts
Yesterday about 400 bikers passed through Southern Indiana. They were a part of a group of bikers that go to Washington D.C. every year. They are part of Rolling Thunder. It is in remembrance of Military POW's, MIA's and service personal that have Died for this country. Last year roughly 10,000 bikers showed up for this ride. It was not covered by any News Services. Need I say more about how most Americans see bikers. Not worth reporting.

·
Registered
23,171 Posts
Unlike the thugs in Ferguson most of us do not the time since most of us actually work.
However as more evidence comes out, this may not be as we were originally told.. then again that is nothing new anymore.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
There wouldn't be any 'gangs' today and nothing to protest if it wasn't for this 'gang' who started it all. If I'm not mistaken I believe it was Spanky, Buckwheat and Alfalfa that formed the Hells Angles...

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Yesterday about 400 bikers passed through Southern Indiana. They were a part of a group of bikers that go to Washington D.C. every year. They are part of Rolling Thunder. It is in remembrance of Military POW's, MIA's and service personal that have Died for this country. Last year roughly 10,000 bikers showed up for this ride. It was not covered by any News Services. Need I say more about how most Americans see bikers. Not worth reporting.
The police closed down I64 and Highway 41 for them to come through. I would liked to have been there to see them, but I'm working about a million hours a week.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
so heres an idea

If you truly wish to use your "murderous thugs" facade as a positive, join BACA.

Bikers Against Child Abuse International

·
Registered
23,171 Posts
Nine bikers are dead.. they may or may have not been killed by each other alone or may have been shot by police as we are now finding out. To put that in perspective there were many hundreds of mc gatherings large and small throughout the nation in which no one was shot, stabbed or whipped with a chain, many of which had a large "outlaw" mc presence.

If an individual cannot deduce from this that they are in no more danger from ALL bikers than they are from a sundry list of everyday activities then no amount of protest will alter their thinking because frankly they are not thinking at all.

The media will feed on this until they have sucked all life from it then move on.
SOA abd other mc related gear will continue to sell and peoples mindsets will be what they are, the Hollywood image created by movies like the Wild Ones and false reporting like what happened in Hollister will continue unabated..nothing new, nothing bikers haven't been through before.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I've ridden every day since Waco. Our local police here are treating riders as usual. Give them credit for knowing that me, the average bike rider, is not a danger to society. They know us.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.