Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 Sabre. I shelled out the cash last night and they should be in next week. I have never heard them before but read some good reviews. For $510 I hope I haven't screwed up!!! That would hurt. www.motorcycleproshop.com seems to have the most competitive prices on many exhausts for hondas. check them out before you buy elsewhere. They saved me about $75 vs jp or cruizercustomizing. I'll update on how they sound once they are installed.

·
Registered
51 Posts
HK big straights are the best looking pipes for the Sabre...imo. I wanted a set but couldnt afford em. I just got a good deal on a new set of Samson Shogun Warlord Long Cannons for my sabre...but I havent had time to install them.

Post some pics when you get them on...

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
Those big straights are nice looking pipes, but way too loud for my taste. I guess I'd just like a nice low rumble at best and riding all day with loud pipes just gave me a headache. I hope you enjoy your investment.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Big Straights

I have H-K 3" Big Straights on my Kawa 1600. They look great but were eye-ball busting LOUD! After several false starts I was able to quiet them enough to enjoy them. I installed H-K spiral baffles... didn't do much because the outlet is still 3-4" inside the pipes and it acts like a big echo chamber. I fabricated a 3" long tube from expanded metal, wrapped it in muffler packing and added a 3" diameter, (1 5/8" outlet) chrome closet rod hanger from Home D. that butts up just behind the tip. It looks factory, retains the sound quality I wanted and reduces the blast by 75%. You can change the db's by moving the exit closer to (or farther from) the outlet of the pipes, the closer to the exit, the less noise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts