Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What should the ohm reading be for a 1985 shadow vt500 pulse generators be the book says + or - 10% of 480 ohms at 68F its been around 100-110 here and I reading about 414-423 is that ok or do they need to be replaced? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
What should the ohm reading be for a 1985 shadow vt500 pulse generators be the book says + or - 10% of 480 ohms at 68F its been around 100-110 here and I reading about 414-423 is that ok or do they need to be replaced? Thanks.
You are close enough. When they go they tend to just go completely. With the resistance that close you won't be having problems.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the info I just replaced a capacitor on my CDI because of loss of spark to the rear cylinder first checked the coils there good checked the generators found them to be a little low but when I cut the CDI open noticed the one of the capacitors burned up. Replaced it for 4$ from eBay didn't realy think it would work but sure enough it started sparking however it seems rather weak could this still be from the CDI or maybe low batery voltage I've got a replacement CDI on the way but would like to fix this one and have a back up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.