Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got my new metzlers put on and here is my first impressions:

The 200 rear tire is larger, but not overly large (I guess I was thinking it would be a little bigger) but I am still happy with it.
The front tire appears much larger, not sure why. Both were recommended thru metzler.

For those intrested ME880 Marathons.

The ride was totally diffrent, felt much firmer, stuck to the road. Maybe it was just my imagination, but it felt like iit required less push on the corners.
Hope this helps anyone contemplating the metzlers.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Got the 200 rear also and LOVE the tires. I'm also looking forward to some increased mileage over the Dunflops. The 200 looks narrower than you may have expected due to the fact that it's on about a 5" wide wheel. When mounted on a 6.5" wheel it ends up much wider. That fact is one of the reasons that the upgrade works without changing fenders.

RIDE ON! 8)

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I put met 880’s on my spirit, great decision. I have used Metz for 20 years now and think they are not only god tires, but great value. I have two new Dunlop’s n my valk done by the previous owner. I can hardly wait until they wear out, I hope Metz has a set for the valk. :?:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ditto on the new set of Metz w/200 on the back. I only have around 1500 on them so far but felt the same way about the handling right off the bat. Now if they just last...only time will tell, the crappy original rear dunlop only went 6k. The Metz's are much better on rainy days too.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Just had Metzlers put on today. Did not go for the 200's way too much more money for very little difference in width. Put 180s on instead of 170s as they where the same price. Love em. Went out for 120 mile ride to break them in and cannot believe the difference over the stock tires. Went through a construction zone I have been through many times before and could not get over the change in going over the pavement joints. It blows me away the change in the way the Sabre handles. Bikes should come with these in the first place. Dunlop only stays in business as an OEM. Because surely no one will replace the stock Dunlops with new Dunlops.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.