Honda Shadow Forums banner

Putting baffles back in ??????

9K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  yukon 
#1 ·
Has anyone tried to re baffle a stock exhaust? I have a 2007 spirit with stock pipes that have had the baffles removed and I actually would like to put some back in. Any ideas? I can find 1,000 sites to remove baffles but nothing on putting them back in. Thanks much for any replies.

#3 ·
Thanks, I assume you kept the baffles and reinstalled them. I don't have the originals since the bike came without when I bought it. Any ideas where one might get their hands on this item? I leave my house at 3:45 am and I don't think my wife likes waking up to the rumble. Thanks again for your post. And, Oh yes, I love JB weld.

#4 ·
Just go down the driveway nice and slow very little throttle and thru the neighbor hood, you don't have to have a lot of right hand to move, don't be blippin that throttle....:wink:.......or maybe the wife will be blippin you..........8):roll:

#5 ·
Considering the fact that you DON"T have the stock baffles. You can't put them back. Invest in a set of slip-on mufflers.

#7 ·
used exhaust sets are a dime a dozen - just replace the mufflers - look on epay, this site, post in the wanted sections - **** I have two full sets to fit a VT1100 >1996 hanging around the house....they are out there. just start asking around. Personally I don' think they are worth the price of shipping - so look and ask locally (craigslist wanted section, check the shops in your area they may give you a good deal on an abandoned set, etc).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.