Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

It snowed again yesterday. We now have about 3 feet standing in the yard and 4 foot banks next to the drive. I hope the skiers are happy.

Happy Trails!

sanoke

·
Registered
390 Posts
Sanoke,
Thanks for the photo of the snow. I used to live in Longmont and miss CO and the flat land cruising. Right now its 56 degrees (in January) in Pittsburgh and raining. I'll be riding the Shadow as soon as the rain stops. Now for a question. In the lower picture. What is the shiny silver tank or keg on the package rack of the Shadow?. Spare fuel tank? Whatever it is giving me ideas for increasing my summer cruising range.
Cheers fro Pittsburgh...

·
Registered
236 Posts
Sanoke,

Watch out for avalanches. Just saw on the news that some folks headed to the Winter Park Resort via US 40 got wiped off the road by an avalanche.

Jim

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haze said:
Sanoke,
Now for a question. In the lower picture. What is the shiny silver tank or keg on the package rack of the Shadow?. Spare fuel tank? Whatever it is giving me ideas for increasing my summer cruising range.
Cheers fro Pittsburgh...
Yes, it's an aux fuel tank. I have it plumbed into the fuel line and it gives me an extra 2.5 gal. Gets my range up to almost 300 miles if I watch how fast I'm going. Got it from http://www.tourtank.com

jfuse said:
Sanoke,

Watch out for avalanches. Just saw on the news that some folks headed to the Winter Park Resort via US 40 got wiped off the road by an avalanche.

Jim
Yea, they're particularly bad this year. We normally get hundreds of avalanches a winter in the mountains but with all the snow we've been getting, this year could be a record.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Too much of a good thing in this case is a bad, BAD thing.

·
Registered
10,171 Posts
It's been so warm here, that the weatherpeople on the news are speculating that we get any snowfall this season.... :shock:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts