Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for a 2005 honda shadow spirit 750

1. does anyone make a timing advancer (like factory pro or someone) if so can someone give me a link to purchase it.

2. Im looking for a hypercharger, I see Thunder makes one and THEN theres an adaptor to enable you to use other hyperchargers?? im kinda unclear on this one can anyone clear this up for me and or give me the best route to go with a hypercharger? (maybe a link if possible)

I have been going nuts with these issues for over 2 weeks now so thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I believe that you need to purchase both the adaptor and the hypercharger. The reason for this is that the 'charger was designed for Harleys and will not fit our bikes without the right adaptor. I needed an adaptor for my ACE as well.

As far as the timing advance, you can get a Dynatek 300 module. I don't have one myself, but as I understand it there are 8 different timing settings on it and you choose the best one for your bike.

hope this helps,
Scott

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
even with the thunder hypercharger you need the thunder adaptor?

With that 3000 system, can you put it to one setting and leave it? or is it one of those things you need to "fiddle" with all the time?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Yes you need the adaptor. Thunder makes the adaptor, the actual Hypercharger is made by Kuryakyn, who do not have an adaptor for our bikes. As far as the Dynajet, as I said I don't have one but I imagine that once you get it 'dialed in' where you like it you just leave it there. I'm sure others on this forum have it...

·
Registered
16 Posts
The Hypercharger is made for Harley and it meant for the Harley only not for Honday and yes, even you can get an adaptor to fit the honda, it doesn't give you 100% airflow efficiency because it reduce the intake volume. In some case, (i believe in one of the vtx models, it actually reduces the bike's performance because it reduce the intake volume almost in 1/3 )
If you go for the look then you're fine but if you go for the performance, it's not worth the money, You can just go for the tornado or the bean mod from SA750.com and get a great result for little money
ps: i bet someone is going to give me alot of hard time for this post.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts