Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Stop and Go plug kit for my other ride...tubeless tires, though.

So I was wondering what you all might recommend carrying for fixing a flat with tube tires. I'm talking about those instances where an easy roadside repair can be made that avoids taking off the rim and patching the tube or calling roadside assistance.

The only thing I've come across is Slime Flat Tire Eliminator which claims to work for tube tires. I'm not sure if it's something you put in the tires ahead of time, or preferably, something I can carry along and put in the tire after a flat as a quick fix.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Never used slime in a bike but it did fix a riding lawnmower tire with it. It would be best to have it in ahead of time. I prefer tubeless, no blowouts, easier roadside fixes.

·
Banned
3,795 Posts
I have a Stop and Go plug kit for my other ride...tubeless tires, though.

So I was wondering what you all might recommend carrying for fixing a flat with tube tires. I'm talking about those instances where an easy roadside repair can be made that avoids taking off the rim and patching the tube or calling roadside assistance.

The only thing I've come across is Slime Flat Tire Eliminator which claims to work for tube tires. I'm not sure if it's something you put in the tires ahead of time, or preferably, something I can carry along and put in the tire after a flat as a quick fix.

Any suggestions would be welcome.
Tried a similar product from Berryman and it held for 3 days then started leaking again. It also makes a mess inside of the rim and the tire techs hate it. Some of the products are highly flamable and you need to inform the tire tech it's in the tire before removal, I believe Slime falls in this category.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Tube tire? AAA card. Sorry... won't own a bike with spokes for just that reason :)

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tube tire? AAA card. Sorry... won't own a bike with spokes for just that reason :)
I hear ya.

If I ever get another bike, tubeless tires and a shaft drive. But the Shadow looked so lonely in the corner of the showroom that I just had to take it home. :-D

So, I have to dance with the one that I brung. ;)

So it looks like the best solution is roadside service (got it), some CO2 cartridges (Got 'em) and one of the fixaflat options mentioned above to get me on my way.

Thanks, all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts