Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just won a pretty decent front fender off of ebay for my 04 aero 750 but it doesn't come with any hardware. I'm hoping I can just pick up what I need at Home Depot but not sure. Can anyone fill me in on what I'll need as far as type/size screws, washers, bolts etc?

Thanx as always!

·
Registered
23,171 Posts
So I just won a pretty decent front fender off of ebay for my 04 aero 750 but it doesn't come with any hardware. I'm hoping I can just pick up what I need at Home Depot but not sure. Can anyone fill me in on what I'll need as far as type/size screws, washers, bolts etc?

Thanx as always!

Your current fender has none? It should be a matter of aligning or drilling the holes and using your old hardware.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope. I bought the bike off of Craigslist but the seller had taken the fender off and lost it so I bought this fender on ebay but it came w/ no additional parts.

·
Registered
358 Posts
It's pretty straight forward. Just make sure that you've got space for the nut or the bolt head (whichever way you decide to attach it) that it clears the rim and tire. I'm in the process of fabbing up a bracket for mine and when I mocked it up I realized that the new bolt holes I drilled came dangerously close to the tire. My fender is pretty snug around the tire so there's not much space to play around with. So the bracket will lower the mounting point away from the tire.

Just something to keep in mind. If it's factory you shouldn't have any issues. Mine's not so it = the drama.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'd get the fender "brace" if it were me. I see it's only $42.76 at Bike Bandit (2004 Honda VT750C SHADOW AERO Parts, 2004 Honda VT750C SHADOW AERO OEM Parts - BikeBandit.com ).

Obviously, a motorcycle junkyard would probably be able to sell you one for a lot less - if they have one. So if you do go the junk yard route then just about any fender brace should work off an 04 to 11 Aero or even a Spirit. You might also be able to use a front fender brace off a VTX 1300 too. But unless it's specifically for an Aero (or even a late model ACE) then be sure and look that it all lines up right. Otherwise you may end up doing some modifying that I don't think you'll want to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts