Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
I took the lock off my ACE, and it looks like your Sabre has a similar setup. I took the lock off when I had the fender off anyway; I think you will have to take the fender off to get to it (either that or take off the fender strut, but on my ACE it was easier to take the fender off.) The reason for this is that the lock has a nut on the inside of the support, and it is impossible to get a wrench up there between the support and the fender.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
No...you can't. Because of the shape of the fender and the location of the rails, you will have to lower your fender before you can access the bolt that holds the helmet lock on.

But, you don't have to completely remove the fender from the bike. Remove the seats (and any other backrests, sissybars, saddlebags, or whatever you have put on the back of the bike). Remove the 2 rear most bolts from the rails. This will allow the fender to drop onto the wheel. Remove the helmet lock. Then lift the fender back into place and install the 4 bolts back into the rail/fender. You can then put everything back on that you took off earlier.

Hope this helps.

Joe

·
Registered
498 Posts
I relocated my lock and did not remove the fender. I cut down an allen wrench and off it came. I used a cheap relo kit and moved it to the front fender.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.