Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone...

More NOOB questions!!

I'm installing the honda shadow bags on my phantom today. The instructions show the bags being thrown over the passenger seat, but this looks really sloppy to me and I've never seen an image of them installed this way.

I'm thinking to see if they fit under the seat to be a little neater - any reason not to do this?

·
Registered
467 Posts
I don't care how you install them, i just want to see pic's ^.^

·
Registered
11,383 Posts
Yes, a lot of throwover bags are put under the seat. It may be a tight fit at first, but it's a godd way of keeping them from being stolen.

·
Registered
23,171 Posts
Yes they can be put under the seat but will hang lower ( most have some form of adjustment, usually by cord ). After setting the up, check for clearance/rubbing concerns and be sure to use the tie downs

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Well here they are: (over the seat for now...)

And here's a quick pic of the pouch which I also put on... I tried to put it under the cables, but one set (clutch) is too tight to the bars, so it is going around that one:

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
the best bar pouch/bag i think i have found...
and i have tried a few trust me hahaha
is the willie and max Dual Purpose Windshield Bag / Handlebar Pouch
it fits perfect even with my changed bars this bag is perfect
its 7.5" x 4" x 2.5"

·
Registered
790 Posts
I always hate to see a set of throw overs that are on top of the seat. It looks as if the owner didn't want to take the time to pull the seat off. Sloppy was an accurate description. I'd definitely put them under the seat. As a matter of fact, if you check my sig pic, you'll set that I did. Mine also are bolted to the saddle bag supports to keep them straight and stop them from flapping in the breeze.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts