Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My neighbor down the street has a 1980 cb 750 4 custom that he wants to get back on the road but he's unable to tune the carbs. Does anyone know how, or does anyone know where he can look to find the info? One of the reasons I want to help him is because I would love to have the bike, I'll just let him do all the work :twisted:

Mike

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Might just need to be synchronized. Theer's a sticky above on the proceedure for the shadow. Not much different on a CB, just more carbs. Can even use the same homemade gadge.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
My neighbor down the street has a 1980 cb 750 4 custom that he wants to get back on the road but he's unable to tune the carbs. Does anyone know how, or does anyone know where he can look to find the info? One of the reasons I want to help him is because I would love to have the bike, I'll just let him do all the work :twisted:

Mike
Before syncing if he hasn't done it already, make sure the boots attaching the carbs to the engine are in good shape so air is not introduced to the mixture after it leaves the carb.

·
Registered
90 Posts
2 of my friends have similar bikes, both 750's, one a '77 and the other a 1980. Both are having fun balancing and tuning 4 carbs. And by fun, I mean dealing with leaks, stuck floats, idling issues, starting, stalling, and general old age.

In other words, they are having the times of their lives. I'll have one to play with someday if one makes itself available.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts