Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any plans to add our bike models and the "Bike of the month" winners Banners that Used to be on our profiles BACK ?? And a question for the membership, ......Can anyone else think of anthing else were missing ? Otherwise the new site Rocks.

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
13,839 Posts
I would like to see the model of bike and the location again under the Avatar.

Reactions: bd*

·
Premium Member
2000 Honda Shadow Spirit VT1100C
2,996 Posts
This forum, as it now stands is completely useless. I suspect many of the hard core posters will take a vacation from even trying to post. It's a shame really, as there was so much to share and help with other members. We can't even find which threads we are subscribed to, for God's sake.

·
Administrator
1997 Valkyrie Standard
10,828 Posts
This forum, as it now stands is completely useless. I suspect many of the hard core posters will take a vacation from even trying to post. It's a shame really, as there was so much to share and help with other members. We can't even find which threads we are subscribed to, for God's sake.
The closest thing I can find to the thread subscribe feature is using the following steps: click on your avatar picture at the top of the page. This will take you to your profile page where you can see new alerts and posts to threads you have posted in. I get it, it is not the same but it's the only thing I can find that approximates what we had.

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
13,839 Posts
It seems harder to keep track of a conversation to follow up. A lot of territory you have to look around to figure it out. The long list of posts was nice to scroll down to see where you were before. And you could see your name as the last to post as a reference.

·
Administrator
1997 Valkyrie Standard
10,828 Posts
It seems harder to keep track of a conversation to follow up. A lot of territory you have to look around to figure it out. The long list of posts was nice to scroll down to see where you were before. And you could see your name as the last to post as a reference.
The closest thing I can find to the thread subscribe feature is using the following steps: click on your avatar picture at the top of the page. This will take you to your profile page where you can see new alerts and posts to threads you have posted in. I get it, it is not the same but it's the only thing I can find that approximates what we had

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I have to agree.

I'm someone who is well above average when it comes to computers and technical things, but, well, there was something different about the old HSN style that was simple, fairly unique to the site, and made it easier to use in it's own way.

Changing for the sake of change is the quickest way to lose your customer base. How many sites went from high usage to barely remembered and seldom visited simply because some twit thought it'd be good to completely change the layout?

All that does is drive away many of the users, especially those who struggle to adapt to change.

I've been busy with a few things and haven't had time for such places, and found it quite jarring to expect to find the normal HSN view only to find this.

Sorry guys, I know how much work goes into making and changing a web site, but this isn't a good idea and could kill the site.

I myself am what some call "on the autism spectrum", and change can be hard to adapt to. I'd certainly find it harder to get back into the flow of things any time I visit. I have enough on my plate without trying to learn a new site when I just want to relax and read some bike-related stuff. There's some features that might be nice on their own but..

·
Registered
2001 Valkyrie I/S
5,725 Posts
I don't mind change but it would have been nice to have had someone ask what we liked and didn't like about the forum. I'm still figuring things out but wondering is there some post that tells us what everything new is and how to do the things we used to do in the new format?

Reactions: KiwiRider and bd*

·
Administrator
1997 Valkyrie Standard
10,828 Posts
I believe that is what this and the community help section can be used for. The techs have asked for input about likes and dislikes form the membership. However, I do agree with you that a tutorial would be nice.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I would rellly like the see the "recent posts" list return to the right side margin. Having to drill down to each category and back out and down the next, well, makes it darn difficult for me to discover someone's question that I can answer, or camp on to if I have the same one.

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
13,839 Posts
I agree, it take a lot of chasing around to find something you have interested in.

Reactions: KiwiRider

·
Administrator
807 Posts
How To Find Subscribed Threads
Click on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select “following” from the drop-down menu.

This will bring you to a page where you can choose to view thread discussions or followed forums. You can also manage your notifications for them here.

Can all y'all do me a huge favor? Member feedback is what helps fuel future updates to the site, so please keep it coming. We do compile all the feedback you share, but it helps us to collect all the questions and feedback if they are just in one place. Can you please use our community feedback thread for anything involving the new platform

- Cricket

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
How To Find Subscribed Threads
Click on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select “following” from the drop-down menu.

This will bring you to a page where you can choose to view thread discussions or followed forums. You can also manage your notifications for them here.

- Cricket
Like others mentioned, where the side bar was useful is that it could alert me to threads I am NOT FOLLOWING because I did not previously know they existed. Having to dive in and out of different menus simply makes the site much harder to use.

I for one cannot be bothered. I know I wasn't a major contributor but this site still was a place I enjoyed, and found navigating easier.

Winter health problems kicked me off the site for a while, but I had come back hoping to find familiar ground and not, with all else going on in my life, have to try and work my way around to try and keep in the community I had enjoyed being a (albeit intermittent) part of.

·
Premium Member
7,428 Posts
Like others mentioned, where the side bar was useful is that it could alert me to threads I am NOT FOLLOWING because I did not previously know they existed. Having to dive in and out of different menus simply makes the site much harder to use.

I for one cannot be bothered. I know I wasn't a major contributor but this site still was a place I enjoyed, and found navigating easier.

Winter health problems kicked me off the site for a while, but I had come back hoping to find familiar ground and not, with all else going on in my life, have to try and work my way around to try and keep in the community I had enjoyed being a (albeit intermittent) part of.
It's not so hard, @KiwiRider. Stick around. I'm not a great receptor of change either, but with some stumbling around, i'm figuring it out.

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
I would rellly like the see the "recent posts" list return to the right side margin. Having to drill down to each category and back out and down the next, well, makes it darn difficult for me to discover someone's question that I can answer, or camp on to if I have the same one.
Red button on the top right [Inclined Arrow]
Top two options

1 - 20 of 32 Posts